Club floor Upgrades...

Old March 6th, 2007, 03:18 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brett Aires

Default Club floor Upgrades...

Hi,

Question...

What's better:

1. To book a standard/regular room at the Sheraton Centre in Toronto and
request a Free upgrade to the Club Floor at the time of Check-in

or,

2. Book the Club level room in advance, for chance they won't upgrade me on
the spot at check-in, for the price on the Sheraton website

I'd very much like to stay on the Club level, but I have heard of being
upgraded to the Club level upon check-in, sometimes for no additional cost
or other times, a reduced rate that would be less than the website club room
rate. Is this rare? I am a Starwoods Member, but just a regular member.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Brett

Old March 6th, 2007, 01:18 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Stephen Ellenson

"Brett Aires" wrote in message
Hi,

Question...

What's better:

1. To book a standard/regular room at the Sheraton Centre in Toronto and
request a Free upgrade to the Club Floor at the time of Check-in

or,

2. Book the Club level room in advance, for chance they won't upgrade me
on the spot at check-in, for the price on the Sheraton website

I'd very much like to stay on the Club level, but I have heard of being
upgraded to the Club level upon check-in, sometimes for no additional cost
or other times, a reduced rate that would be less than the website club
room rate. Is this rare? I am a Starwoods Member, but just a regular
member.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Brett

Just my opinion, but I'd wait until checking in to ask about the upgrade.
They're as likely to offer you a good price to make more money at the point
of sale at check in. Of course, you run the risk of no availability but
unless the hotel is really heavily booked for the time you're there I think
they'll offer the best deal when they have the last minute chance of getting
a higher rate from you. Do you know how heavily the hotel is booked for your
time there? Are there any major conventions, etc.?