absolute africa tours

Old August 10th, 2006, 12:35 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Jennifer Erno

Default absolute africa tours

My husband and I are looking at going to Kenya to visit a friend a
Christmas. While there we are looking at doing a safari and I have found
online a company called Absolute Africa. They are incredibly reasonable in
their prices. Has anyone ever used this company? Are they too good to be
true? Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Old August 14th, 2006, 04:10 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
ngeresa

How many days do you want to spend in Kenya?.Before you embark on a
safari you must have a customized Itinerary of the safari you want to
take.

I dont know about absolute africa but I live in Kenya and work for a
tour company called Destination Connect.

We deal with safaris in Kenya, Tanzania,Uganda,Dubai and Seychelles.

In order for the safari to be intresting you must get information of
what is going down on the ground the best game drives that will be
worth your money.

You can send your enquiries at and
tell us what you safari entails.

I promise you one of the best safaris that will remain in your
memories for life.

Paul
enquiries@destination-connect,com

Old August 14th, 2006, 04:24 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Bill[_3_]

Jennifer Erno wrote:
My husband and I are looking at going to Kenya to visit a friend a
Christmas. While there we are looking at doing a safari and I have found
online a company called Absolute Africa. They are incredibly reasonable in
their prices. Has anyone ever used this company? Are they too good to be
true? Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You might ask this Q on www.fodors.com and then the Africa forum ...
there seem to be a lot of people on that forum who use agents to book
their trips and there's a list of a dozen or so unofficially "approved"
companies who book Kenya and Tanzania (the company you mention isn't on
that list, fwiw).

Note that several of the people who will likely reply are travel agents
themselves, fwiw.

Bill

Old August 14th, 2006, 05:25 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
ngeresa

You can check out magicalkenya.com (Kenya Tourism Board) the official
goverment of kenya website for tourism advertisement.

There you will get tour firms

Paul

Old August 14th, 2006, 07:14 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Harry

My advice is not to bother with all the bull**** you will get on here.
Buy yourself a Lonely Planet guide (or whatever one takes your fancy)
and get read up. Do some research on the internet. You can just buy
the air tickests and go! There's hundreds of safari companies in
Niarobi, you can get fixed up with a safari LOCALLY for a fraction of
the cost of doing it at home. The guide book has readers
recommendations, the LP book has never let me down to date!
It's possible to go on every level of comfort from campfires and canvas
to no-expense spared twenty servant jobs. All for less than half the
price of booking it at home. Be sure to shop around when you get
there.Your friend may be able to advise you also. But don't listen to
all the crap you're going to get on here!
************************************************** **************

Old August 14th, 2006, 07:28 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Johan W. Elzenga

Harry wrote:

My advice is not to bother with all the bull**** you will get on here.
Buy yourself a Lonely Planet guide (or whatever one takes your fancy)
and get read up. Do some research on the internet.

This *is* the internet...

--
Johan W. Elzenga johanatjohanfoto.nl
Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl
Old August 14th, 2006, 07:41 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Bill[_3_]

ngeresa wrote:
You can check out magicalkenya.com (Kenya Tourism Board) the official
goverment of kenya website for tourism advertisement.

There you will get tour firms

Finding a list of 50 firms offering safaris is pretty easy, especially
since almost any travel agent can book a trip ... it's finding which of
these 50 that are reliable and suited for you that takes a bit more
effort.

I personally would never go with a company that spams on the internet
but have had excellent luck relying on recommendations from people
interested in the same type of trip that I am, specializing in
photography.

Bill

Old August 16th, 2006, 03:54 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Dave Patterson

Harry wrote:

My advice is not to bother with all the bull**** you will get on here.
Buy yourself a Lonely Planet guide (or whatever one takes your fancy)
and get read up. Do some research on the internet. You can just buy
the air tickests and go! There's hundreds of safari companies in
Niarobi, you can get fixed up with a safari LOCALLY for a fraction of
the cost of doing it at home. The guide book has readers
recommendations, the LP book has never let me down to date!

I am no longer in the safari business - but after 19 years operating
trips to Kenya, Tanzania, and all points south, I say that Harry is
the exception to the rule. The street word for the companies he is
describing is 'flycatchers' and you absolutely CANNOT be sure
that they will deliver what they promise. A "fraction" of the cost
of doing it at home? Harry, back that up with some $$$ figures, please.

Old August 16th, 2006, 08:52 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Harry

I have been a determined backpacker for years in every continent except
Antartica, though I usually stay in a better class of accommodation
these days!
When travelling in third world countries if you book through a tour
agency, you will inevitably be ripped off. In third world countries
everything is a fraction of the cost of what you would pay in Europe or
the USA. The expensive bit is getting there. So I usually stay for a
longish time.
These tour companies bank on their clientelle not knowing this and
equating distance and exoticism with prices in their own country. You
can go to these third world countries and fix yourself up with the
identical experience. (often with the same local firm) often for less
than half price. Simply by cutting out the middle man. Travel gude
books have recommendations, as I said before, the Lonely Planet book
has never let me down. They encourage their readers to report back
their experiences. If you write a good report, they'll give you a free
book (I have several) They always read and acknowledge any report you
send in.
There's many poor countries in Africa, Asia and South America where you
can stay in a reasonable hotel for less than $10/day. Luxury may cost
as much as $50! You can eat for $1, or for somewhere posh $50. You
can meet the people and spend your money where you want. I like to
stay in people's homes. You can often fix it.
You can travel 200miles for $5 on a local bus. Or you can travel in
comfort in a high class bus for $10. (Though the best places, there is
no bus, only trucks.)
And best of all you can have a far more enjoyable time. And if you
don't like the company or the place, you can just leave.

The key to all is research. Starting with the climate, where you
intend to go, at the time you intend to go. (Which is another ripoff
with some tour companies, but don't get me going)
EG wildlife watching in the tropics. in the DRY season wildlife is
concentrated about the few water sources and is hence easier to spot.
In the wet season it disperses, not mentioned by some tour companies.
******************************

Old August 17th, 2006, 10:01 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
ngeresa

Seems the lonely planet book you are reading is out dated.The 10$
dollar hotels you talking about are located backstreets and the
services the offer are not usually upto standard.

They are located on streets that have noise pollution and most of them
dont have beefed up security.

Kenya is a third world country but has learned people. Infact for every
travel costing you get its calculated per the fuel prices.

And this is the internet where people do research I dont understand
what you mean by "doing research on the internet".

Paul