Best day to purchase airline tickets (i.e., the least expensive day)

Old October 21st, 2003, 08:24 AM

Default Best day to purchase airline tickets (i.e., the least expensive day)

Hi. I'm new to this board. A few years ago I read that there is a best
day to purchase airline tickets, but I can't remember what day that
is. I think it's in the middle of the week (Wednesday, perhaps?). Can
any of you advise me about this? I'm in the United States. Thank you.
Old October 21st, 2003, 07:29 PM
mrtravel

Not the Karl Orff wrote:
In article ,
mrtravel wrote:

wrote:

Hi. I'm new to this board. A few years ago I read that there is a best
day to purchase airline tickets, but I can't remember what day that
is. I think it's in the middle of the week (Wednesday, perhaps?). Can
any of you advise me about this? I'm in the United States. Thank you.

The best day to buy a ticket is the day after you bought the ticket.

Never any regret with NW. You can cancel tickets bought on NWA.com
until midnight (CT) of the next day

Interesting. I think on most airlines you can get them to hold the
tickets until the next day, like if I book on AA, I think it is about 11
Pm the next night, if I book before 11. If I book after 11pm, then it is
11pm the night after the next 11pm. But, that is for booking. Once
purchased, you can't cancel and get a refund for non refundable tickets.

Old October 22nd, 2003, 05:19 AM
Deirdre Saoirse Moen

In article , mrtravel
wrote:

Not the Karl Orff wrote:

Never any regret with NW. You can cancel tickets bought on NWA.com
until midnight (CT) of the next day

Interesting. I think on most airlines you can get them to hold the
tickets until the next day, like if I book on AA, I think it is about 11
Pm the next night, if I book before 11. If I book after 11pm, then it is
11pm the night after the next 11pm. But, that is for booking. Once
purchased, you can't cancel and get a refund for non refundable tickets.

US AIR also allows cancellations withing 24 hours (even for non-refundable).

--
_Deirdre http://deirdre.net
"Dogs may have kept us company on the hunt, but it was the cats who
Old October 22nd, 2003, 07:46 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
mrtravel wrote:

Not the Karl Orff wrote:
In article ,
mrtravel wrote:

wrote:

Hi. I'm new to this board. A few years ago I read that there is a best
day to purchase airline tickets, but I can't remember what day that
is. I think it's in the middle of the week (Wednesday, perhaps?). Can
any of you advise me about this? I'm in the United States. Thank you.

The best day to buy a ticket is the day after you bought the ticket.

Never any regret with NW. You can cancel tickets bought on NWA.com
until midnight (CT) of the next day

Interesting. I think on most airlines you can get them to hold the
tickets until the next day, like if I book on AA, I think it is about 11

The trouble is that AA.com often offers non-holdable instant purchase
fares that cannot be refunded.

NWA.com lets you save itineraries if you choose not to buy and cancel
and that are repriced when you decide to buy. The fares can go up or
down.