High speed rail

Old September 12th, 2003, 09:59 PM
David Nebenzahl

Default High speed rail

On 9/9/2003 12:38 PM Hatunen spake thus:

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 20:04:28 GMT, "Frank F. Matthews"
wrote:

[...]

The mentioned Los Angeles - Las Vegas path would do as well.

That one's so easy to drive at nearly 80mph that I don't think
HSR would be near as popular as some think, especially to
Californians and Nevadans, who jsut love to drive long distances.
After all, by the time you've driven across the LA metro area to
get to the train you might as well keep on driving. Besides, you
ever try to do Las Vegas without a car?

Yeah; at least as of a few years ago, LV cab drivers provide not only
transportation, but also a hair-raising, adrenaline-pumping, multiple-G-force
experience you won't soon forget.

--
At Boston/Logan airport last Friday, I saw on a Delta departures/arrivals
screen this Windows error dialog in front of the grid of flights:

"At least one service failed to start..."

I took a photo of it. I thought:

"I'm glad I don't run Windows. I'm glad I'm not flying Delta today."

- Recent posting on Slashdot (http://slashdot.org/)

Old September 13th, 2003, 09:56 PM
Hatunen

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:59:10 -0700, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

On 9/9/2003 12:38 PM Hatunen spake thus:

That one's so easy to drive at nearly 80mph that I don't think
HSR would be near as popular as some think, especially to
Californians and Nevadans, who jsut love to drive long distances.
After all, by the time you've driven across the LA metro area to
get to the train you might as well keep on driving. Besides, you
ever try to do Las Vegas without a car?

Yeah; at least as of a few years ago, LV cab drivers provide not only
transportation, but also a hair-raising, adrenaline-pumping, multiple-G-force
experience you won't soon forget.

Oh. Just like Paris.

Old September 14th, 2003, 09:16 AM
alohacyberian

wrote:
Yeah; at least as of a few years ago, LV cab drivers provide not only
transportation, but also a hair-raising, adrenaline-pumping,

multiple-G-force
experience you won't soon forget.

Oh. Just like Paris.

Don't forget Rome! KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect