Recommendations for Gulf Coast

Old September 14th, 2003, 10:49 PM
Please invert everything left of the @ to reply

Default Recommendations for Gulf Coast

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 12:53:03 GMT, "Chris"
wrote:

A UK couple, travelling to Florida at the end of October. After a week with
friends in Orlando we want to spend a week on a quiet beach somewhere, away
from the crowds but fairly near to decent restaurants.
Sarasota or Marco Island seems to be the kind of thing we're looking for.
Anybody got any recommendations?
Thanks.

As a former resident of Naples, I can reommend it highly. A very walkable
town with bike rentals at The Bike Shop and Naples Bike Shop. Excellent
restaurants; less than an our's drive from multiple wildlife and botanical
locations and only two hours to Calle Ocho on Miami for excellent Cuban
food.

Naples is a gentrified retirement town with its own philharmonic, many
bookstores, two decent malls and a love for folks from the Sceptered Isles.

Much less strung out than Sarasota, much more to do and dine than Marco.
--
Nobody but a fool goes into a federal counterrorism operation without duct tape - Richard Preston, THE COBRA EVENT.