How US helped Iraq build deadly arsenal

Old January 4th, 2004, 01:46 AM
nobody

Default How US helped Iraq build deadly arsenal

Tchiowa wrote:
BTW, that's the business I'm in. I know for unquestioned fact that the
US oil companies would prefer it if Iraqi oil stayed off the market.
It forces the oil prices up and the oil companies are making near
record profits because of it.

Think about infrastructure contracts for both rebuilding and on-going
operation. France and Russia had those, albeit severely limited by sanctions.
Now the US has lifted scanctions, cancelled the existing contracts and is
goving those contracts to US firms.
Old January 4th, 2004, 11:23 PM
LarbGai

In article , tchiowa2@hotmail
..com says...

Same thing in Iraq. Oil had absolutely nothing to do with it.

And you _really_ believe that? You must be one of the very few people in
the world to believe such a lie.

Absolutely I believe it. It doesn't make any sense that oil had
anything to do with it.

BTW, that's the business I'm in. I know for unquestioned fact that the
US oil companies would prefer it if Iraqi oil stayed off the market.
It forces the oil prices up and the oil companies are making near
record profits because of it.

*****Poor old Tchiowa, blindly following the party line.

:-)

Old January 5th, 2004, 01:03 AM
Tchiowa

nobody wrote in message ...
Tchiowa wrote:
BTW, that's the business I'm in. I know for unquestioned fact that the
US oil companies would prefer it if Iraqi oil stayed off the market.
It forces the oil prices up and the oil companies are making near
record profits because of it.

Think about infrastructure contracts for both rebuilding and on-going
operation. France and Russia had those, albeit severely limited by sanctions.
Now the US has lifted scanctions, cancelled the existing contracts and is
goving those contracts to US firms.

Now think about the money for those contracts. It's mostly coming from
US taxpayers. Are you suggesting that the US spent billions of dollars
invading Iraq so that they could spend billions more dollars
rebuilding it using US contractors?

This is just one example of how the whole conspiracy theory doesn't
wash.
Old January 5th, 2004, 04:11 PM
DALing

Tonkin wasn't a "lie" but just a "spin" and the gummint has a way of
"spinning" it the way they want... ("Spin" - meaning "I'll tell the story
whatever way I want to tell it")

"Craig Welch" wrote in message
On 2 Jan 2004 18:04:07 -0800, (Tchiowa) wrote:

The US did not go to war for oil when it had some reason for doing so
(in 1973) and when the oil embargo was causing a huge problem. Why? As
has been said, that simply isn't how the US does things.

Dead right. The US does things the proper way. By lying. About WMD
in Iraq, and about the Gulf of Tonkin incident in Vietnam.

Old January 6th, 2004, 01:00 AM
Bob

"Pete Loud" wrote in message
On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 23:25:40 +0000, Pete Loud wrote:

Hi Guys,

I am amazed that something I said over a year ago, before the Iraq war,

has
suddenly re-appeared.

I can only think it was on my website, "Maps of Iraq",
http://users.powernet.co.uk/mkmarina/iraq/iraq.html

Since then the situation has changed somewhat :-o and my website has been
updated, although not recently.

To pull things back on-topic I have loads of great maps of Asia on my
websites, check them out.

Cheers,

Pete Loud

Interesting site Peter. While I was reading it I was thinking how millions
of Americans were outraged that Steve Irwin took his child into the
crocodile enclosure, but those same people cheered as the bombs and missiles
rained down on the people of Iraq.

Bob

Old January 6th, 2004, 01:15 AM
Bert Hyman

In u "Bob"
wrote:

While I was reading it I was thinking how millions of Americans were
outraged that Steve Irwin took his child into the crocodile enclosure,
but those same people cheered as the bombs and missiles rained down on
the people of Iraq.

Are you certain it was "millions", and are you certain that they're the
same people?

Why?

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old January 6th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Tchiowa

"Bob" wrote in message . au...
"Pete Loud" wrote in message
[...]

Yup. We were outraged when some idiot put a baby's life at risk with a
crocodile so he could entertain people and make money and we cheered
when America removed a violent tyrant who had killed hundreds of
thousands of people and began a process where freedom and democracy
can come to the millions of people in Iraq and where they no longer
have to fear torture and death at Saddam's hands. We probably saved a
million lives.

And we removed a threat from the US.

Yes, we cheered.
Old January 6th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Pete Loud

When Saddam was killing and gassing Iraqis, guess who it was who was
supporting him.

The US didn't care one jot about Saddam murdering Iraqis, they were prepared
to support and supply Saddam Hussein. Donald Rumsfeld was the key guy at
that time.

Read this article http://www.truthout.org/docs_03/122603C.shtml

So it's no good trying to make out that US attacked Iraq because Saddam was
a violent tyrant who had killed hundreds of thousands of people, US was
supporting his murderous activities in the 1980's.

Cheers,

Pete Loud

Old January 6th, 2004, 02:07 PM
RT

Pete Loud wrote in message ...
When Saddam was killing and gassing Iraqis, guess who it was who was
supporting him.

Another whinging Pom...............