Mexican Rivera Question

Old September 18th, 2003, 04:20 AM
AJ

Default Mexican Rivera Question

I have a large diamond wedding ring and I was wondering if it was "safe" to
wear in port or should I leave it on the ship? Maybe I am just being
paranoid but I keep hearing stories of vendors and who knows who else
basically hording you when you get off the ship... Any info would be
appreciated.

Old September 18th, 2003, 04:38 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

AJ wrote:
I have a large diamond wedding ring and I was wondering if it was "safe" to
wear in port or should I leave it on the ship? Maybe I am just being
paranoid but I keep hearing stories of vendors and who knows who else
basically hording you when you get off the ship... Any info would be
appreciated.

If you are going to worry about it, leave it in the safe in your cabin.

sue

Old September 18th, 2003, 04:52 AM
Mike Cordelli

People will horde you , but they will not be cutting off your finger to get
the ring (assuming you are in populated areas, not yelling "Stay away from
my very expensive ring" or anything else like that). If you are worried
about it though, I would leave it in the safe. Better that then ruin your
trip.

Old September 18th, 2003, 05:32 AM
Orval Fairbairn

"AJ" wrote in message
I have a large diamond wedding ring and I was wondering if it was "safe"

wear in port or should I leave it on the ship? Maybe I am just being
paranoid but I keep hearing stories of vendors and who knows who else
basically hording you when you get off the ship... Any info would be
appreciated.

We NEVER take expensive jewelry on vacation! Find a nice-looking (but
expendable) set of rings that can act as standins for your "real" stuff.
Old September 18th, 2003, 06:34 AM
Colorado Jack

I do not have a lot of expensive rings, etc, but I would leave them at home,
and wear the 5 and dime stuff, ON ANY TRIP

Old September 18th, 2003, 01:59 PM
Rich Cacace

MY wife NEVER brings an of her good jewelry on a trip. She has a vast
assortment of junk jewelry she's bought just for cruising purposes. Why
temp someone especially when there's no reason to.

Old September 18th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Gayle A Kortright

AJ -
To be on the safe side, I'd leave the ring in your safe on the ship. It's
not a good idea to flash something like that around. I NEVER wear my good
jewelry when I go on a shore tour. I wear my late dad's wedding ring on
my right hand and even that gets put in the safe when we go ashore. I'm
not taking any chances! Another good idea - don't wear any gold
necklaces on shore. They can be snatched off in a second. Better safe
than sorry!

Gayle

Old September 18th, 2003, 03:45 PM
Howard Garland

Wear it, if that's what you normally do. And please refrain from the
all to common practice on ships of wearing all your jewelry all the time.

Any of you ever noticed that some gals are apparently afraid to leave
anything worth more than $20 in their stateroom safe? They come to the
pool looking like an overdecorated Christmas tree, with rings on every
finger, and dozens of chains wrapped around each wrist and their neck.

Howard

Old September 19th, 2003, 03:35 PM
Marty

Or, wear it, but turn it around so diamond is inside your hand. I've
never
worried too much in ports, but some are safer than others. I've always
felt fairly safe on Mexican Riviera...have done that one 8 or 9 times.