Hi - intro, and a help request

Old September 18th, 2003, 07:54 PM
sheree

Default Hi - intro, and a help request

We did the infinity 2 yrs ago and loved it. We're doing the summit this
time!

I did do the cruisemates thing just to get an idea of rates before we went
forward. The TA that I was going to be using had rates that were the same
or better then anyone who responsed via the crusiemates vehicle.--

Sheree

"Donnassei" wrote in message
Hi Tbird,
Do you have any specific ships in mind for Alaska next season? If so, you

can
start by posting in the "bargain finder" at Cruiesmates and get some

prices and
available cabins e-mailed to you. Its a great way to figure out some

prices.

http://www.cruisemates.com/CF/bargfind/

HOpe you find that perfect ship for Alaska, and seriously think about

booking a
balcony, if there is one place where they are a must Alaska is it. We

cruised
Alaska last year on Celebrity Infinity and really enjoyed and loved having

balcony for that trip.

There is also a nice planning guide there as well, helps decide what stops

you
just have to have on your itinary and what things to do.

Have fun!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
http://www.cruisemates.com

Old September 18th, 2003, 07:59 PM
sheree

SGC stands for Summer Group Cruise. Readers of RTC vote on a
ship/destination and we put it out to bid.

this way we get group pricing, the givebacks, parties etc and we cruise with
a great bunch of people.

In august we went to Bermuda as an SGC. No SGCs are planned for next
summer.

Tom K has a group going on the Galaxy to Rome in July. They do have group
pricing but it isn't an "SGC" per se.

--
Sheree
"TBird" wrote in message

Hi Tbird,
Do you have any specific ships in mind for Alaska next season? If so,

you
can
start by posting in the "bargain finder" at Cruiesmates and get some

prices
and
available cabins e-mailed to you. Its a great way to figure out some

prices.

http://www.cruisemates.com/CF/bargfind/

HOpe you find that perfect ship for Alaska, and seriously think about

booking
balcony, if there is one place where they are a must Alaska is it. We
cruised
Alaska last year on Celebrity Infinity and really enjoyed and loved

having a
balcony for that trip.

There is also a nice planning guide there as well, helps decide what

stops
you
just have to have on your itinary and what things to do.

Have fun!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
http://www.cruisemates.com

Thank you for answering my question...

The SGC thing had me totally confused....

TBird

~~~~~~~
One of the Four Horsewomen of the ATH Gutter

Old September 18th, 2003, 10:49 PM
Tom & Linda

I agree... for us as well.

But others did fly in for the SGC.

I still think we need to look at the total price for others who don't
live in the NYC area.

--Tom

"Warren H. Davis" wrote:

Tom,

I always consider the bottom line cost for comparisons. Airfare, to
me, is part of the cost of a cruise, as well pre-cruise lodging for at
least one or two nights plus transportation. I also factor in travel
time. A 7 night cruise out of New York can seem longer for me since
I'm usually aboard and enjoying myself within 20-30 minutes of leaving
my apartment.

Warren

Tom & Linda wrote in message ...
Let's see if pricing for NY sailings becomes reasonable in 05. Voyager
and Dawn were more than our 10 night Rome sailing (excluding airfare)
for next summer.

--Tom