Shocking Incident: Baby dies in International Jet Airways Flight

Old July 28th, 2008, 01:52 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Default Shocking Incident: Baby dies in International Jet Airways Flight

What is the most shocking thing that you have ever experienced in
life? For this parent, it was seeing their baby die in front of them.
Their 4.5 month old son, Aditya, died on International Jet Airways
flight 229 from Toronto on 17th June 2008 while the flight was landing
in Delhi.

Parents have contacted Jet Airways and all relevant authorities
demanding an investigation. If you are wondering how you can help,
please join my crusade against the airline and authorities:

a) You have a choice of Airlines. So please avoid traveling on Jet
Airways till they publish details of the investigation.
b) Please forward this mail to as many people in your personal and
professional network that you can. You may copy email
[Please avoid sending to Distribution Lists
where prohibited.]
c) Help publicize this request by posting on blogs, forums and by
forwarding to bloggers. You may link to my blog
http://www.adityamohan.com/
d) Please sign the petition http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/J...229/index.html

The goal is to ensure that authorities conduct a thorough
investigation of Jet Airways’ safety and security practices. This will
at least ensure that no other parent ever suffers through the ordeal
of seeing their baby die in their hands while in an aircraft.

Grieving Parent
http://www.expressindia.com/latest-n...ealthy/325237/
Old July 28th, 2008, 10:01 PM posted to rec.travel.air
grusl[_3_]

wrote in message
What is the most shocking thing that you have ever experienced in
life? For this parent, it was seeing their baby die in front of them.
Their 4.5 month old son, Aditya, died on International Jet Airways
flight 229 from Toronto on 17th June 2008 while the flight was landing
in Delhi.

What caused the death?

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old July 28th, 2008, 10:25 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Bob Myers

"grusl" wrote in message

wrote in message
What is the most shocking thing that you have ever experienced in
life? For this parent, it was seeing their baby die in front of them.
Their 4.5 month old son, Aditya, died on International Jet Airways
flight 229 from Toronto on 17th June 2008 while the flight was landing
in Delhi.

It may be a "shocking incident," but is there even a shred
of evidence that suggests fault on the part of the airline
here?

Bob M.

Old July 29th, 2008, 02:27 AM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

George and Bob,
Answers to your query on the blog entry http://www.adityamohan.com/

Old July 29th, 2008, 02:55 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

"Bob Myers" wrote in message

"grusl" wrote in message

wrote in message
What is the most shocking thing that you have ever experienced in
life? For this parent, it was seeing their baby die in front of them.
Their 4.5 month old son, Aditya, died on International Jet Airways
flight 229 from Toronto on 17th June 2008 while the flight was landing
in Delhi.

It may be a "shocking incident," but is there even a shred
of evidence that suggests fault on the part of the airline
here?

It doesn't seem like it. After reading http://www.adityamohan.com/ nothing
seems to point to the airline. Babies travel every day on aircraft with
conditions similar or worse then described. It's natural for the parents to
be looking for some kind of explanation for the cause. I hope, for their
sake they find an answer, no matter what it may be.

Old July 29th, 2008, 05:09 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Bob Myers

wrote in message
George and Bob,
Answers to your query on the blog entry http://www.adityamohan.com/

Sorry, read that before I posted. No answers there.
In fact, it would seem that the airline did everything they
could in this situation. I don't see anything there that
would imply fault on their part. It is certainly a tragedy,
but that by no means, by itself, means that anyone is at
fault here.

Bob M.

Old July 29th, 2008, 07:00 AM posted to rec.travel.air
grusl[_3_]

"Bob Myers" wrote in message

wrote in message
George and Bob,
Answers to your query on the blog entry http://www.adityamohan.com/

Sorry, read that before I posted. No answers there.
In fact, it would seem that the airline did everything they
could in this situation. I don't see anything there that
would imply fault on their part. It is certainly a tragedy,
but that by no means, by itself, means that anyone is at
fault here.

I rarely read blogs. They're too dull.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old July 29th, 2008, 07:06 AM posted to rec.travel.air
grusl[_3_]

"grusl" wrote in message

wrote in message
What is the most shocking thing that you have ever experienced in
life? For this parent, it was seeing their baby die in front of them.
Their 4.5 month old son, Aditya, died on International Jet Airways
flight 229 from Toronto on 17th June 2008 while the flight was landing
in Delhi.

It may be a "shocking incident," but is there even a shred
of evidence that suggests fault on the part of the airline
here?

OK, I have suddenly developed a shred of empathy.

I read the blog and while I have every sympathy for the unfortunate parents
I don't see how Jet can be blamed. It's only natural during times of grief
to lash out at a perceived antagonist, but I'm not sure it's warranted in
this case. I wish the family well with the healing process.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old July 29th, 2008, 07:45 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_2_]

grusl wrote:

wrote in message
What is the most shocking thing that you have ever experienced in
life? For this parent, it was seeing their baby die in front of them.
Their 4.5 month old son, Aditya, died on International Jet Airways
flight 229 from Toronto on 17th June 2008 while the flight was landing
in Delhi.

What caused the death?

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

There was a doctor attending the child as soon as this was noticed.
There was another doctor was soon as the plane landed.
The baby was drinking mother's milk and choked.
How is this the airline's fault?
Old July 29th, 2008, 07:48 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_2_]

wrote:

George and Bob,
Answers to your query on the blog entry
http://www.adityamohan.com/

I didn't see any "evidence" there, except that the mother was feeding
the baby on descent and the baby choked. It happens outside of aircraft
too. Not every bad incident has someone to blame.