REward seats on CO

Old December 13th, 2008, 03:36 AM posted to rec.travel.air
VS[_1_]

Default REward seats on CO

In article ,
VS wrote:

There is nothing lower than SaverPass Economy on Continental (25K
miles roundtrip in the lower 48, Canada and I think Alaska).

Actually, this is not accurate. They do have a 20K award for short
trips. But there is nothing lower than 25K between Halifax and Lubbock.

Old December 13th, 2008, 06:32 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

"VS" wrote in message
In article ,
Jim Davis wrote:

There is nothing lower than SaverPass Economy on Continental (25K
miles roundtrip in the lower 48, Canada and I think Alaska).

There used to be. That 25K is for each way on a RT. 50K total.

False. SaverPass is 12.5K each way on a RT, 25K total, and it's still
available. For example, see this screenshot that I took a couple of
minutes ago:

http://tinyurl.com/622zro

It clearly shows availability between YHZ and LBB for 12.5K miles
each way.

Not too
long ago, CO had a 12.5K each way for 25K RT. Since the prices went up, I
think they've eliminated it.

False. See the current OnePass award chart:

http://tinyurl.com/65zx4e

It's really true, but something is wrong here. I booked flights for my wife
and myself Thanksgiving week, and it cost me 50K each. 25K each way.
Second booking was for today. My wife arrived at AVP today and it was the
same. 25K each way. This was for IAH to AVP and return. My next flight is
booked IAH to AVP in 12/22 and return on 12/28. Also 25K each way. Two
months ago the 25K wasn't available and I had to spend 100K for my wife's RT
(50K each way)

Try it! Go to CO's site and book reward travel from IAH to AVP - leave on
12/22 and return on 12/28. I just checked it again, and it's 25K each way.

I clearly see what your link says, and I going to find out what's up. there
must be some small print somewhere. If not, I'm going to raise hell with
them. when I find out, I'll definitely let ya know.

Seriously, give it a try. You'll see 25K added when you select your return
flight.

Old December 13th, 2008, 06:46 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

"VS" wrote in message
In article ,
Jim Davis wrote:

VS - I have to apologize. Brain Fart! I read it wrong. Must be the old
age kicking in. I went back and read it again, and you're right. When I
booked, the cheaper flights were not available.

Old December 14th, 2008, 02:37 AM posted to rec.travel.air
VS[_1_]

In article ,
Brian wrote:

I still don't see a round trip for 25,000 miles per person. You showed
one way and didn't go to actual booking.

Here is a screenshot of an actual, bookable OnePass award reservation
for 25,000 miles per person roundtrip between Halifax and Lubbock:

http://tinyurl.com/5v52hj

You can't see the bottom flight, but you can verify that DL6640 is
indeed a flight from BOS to YHZ.

Satisfied now?

It's amazing how stubborn some people are...

Old December 15th, 2008, 02:33 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Brian[_1_]

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 18:37:17 -0800 (PST),
(VS) wrote:

Here is a screenshot of an actual, bookable OnePass award reservation
for 25,000 miles per person roundtrip between Halifax and Lubbock:

http://tinyurl.com/5v52hj

You can't see the bottom flight, but you can verify that DL6640 is
indeed a flight from BOS to YHZ.

Satisfied now?

It's amazing how stubborn some people are...

I wasn't being stubborn. I just wanted to you to verify your claim
which you have. A one way ticket wasn't the same as a round trip.

It is interesting that this would be a great redemption of miles.
Supposedly the average is 1 1/2 cents per point. This would be over 3
cents.