Lithuania

Old January 8th, 2004, 05:14 AM
Norm

Default Lithuania

I'm planning a trip to visit my wife's birthplace in Telsai Lithuania.
Has anyone ever been there? What can you tell me about hotels,
quality of the highways etc? Thanks

Norm in Chicago
Old January 8th, 2004, 06:55 AM
tile

I have been in Vilnius a few months ago.
It is a small town with european standards
People are very polite and educated
English is normally spoken everywhere
Hotels are plentyfull
I booked them through internet.
roads are good and traffic scarce
cost of living about 30% lower than in central european countries

Old January 8th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Tony Day

"Norm" wrote in message
I'm planning a trip to visit my wife's birthplace in Telsai Lithuania.
Has anyone ever been there?

It rather sounds as if your wife's mother was once there?

Tony

Old January 8th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Thomas Frandzen

"Tony Day" wrote

"Norm" wrote in message
I'm planning a trip to visit my wife's birthplace in Telsai Lithuania.
Has anyone ever been there?

It rather sounds as if your wife's mother was once there?

Possibly even his wife as well ;-)

Apart from that: Lithuanians are nice people, Vilnius and Kaunas
(second-largest city) are beautiful and interesting and most things can be
had fairly cheap, compared to most other European countries. So I have to
say that a trip to Lithuania is highly recommendable. Don't know Telsai,
though.

-Thomas
http://www.fzc.dk/thomas/