US: Terror threats can be bogus

Old January 4th, 2004, 12:20 AM
Tim Kroesen

Default US: Terror threats can be bogus

Thanks; I would suppose that there were unfortunately many infant deaths
too; as they are as unable as many elderly to regulate body temperature.

I would hope that all here see the point I'm trying to make; NObody
here, Americans or the French, need suffer continuing and concerted
slurs to their Nationality; which have NO topical basis here.

I'd have thought the milieu here in a NG promoting European travel and
people meeting and understanding others in other countries would be
quite a bit more sensitive to the nationalism of the participants.

Not that we can't joke about nationalism (froggette...g) such jokes
are really only acceptable when we joke about ourselves.

Tim K

"Magda" wrote in message
On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 18:34:18 -0500, in rec.travel.europe, "Tim Kroesen"

arranged some electrons, so they looked like this :

... ...erstwhile 30,000 elderly French are now well cooled in their

graves.
... We see many world disasters unfold, like an earthquake in Bam

that kills
... 25,000...

At least one of the "elderly" was 44 years old.

Old January 4th, 2004, 04:25 AM
Nancy Kay

In article ,
Earl Evleth wrote:

He had a problem with people trying to interfere with his sex life!

Earl

The more the merrier.

--
Nancy Kay
"Patience is a Virtue"
Old January 4th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Mxsmanic

Tim Kroesen writes:

I would hope that all here see the point I'm trying to make; NObody
here, Americans or the French, need suffer continuing and concerted
slurs to their Nationality; which have NO topical basis here.

I'm afraid freedom of speech imposes that upon everyone. Freedom of
speech means that you cannot censor speech that you find disagreeable.

Additionally, offense is always taken, not given. That is, one need not
"suffer" from any form of speech.

I'd have thought the milieu here in a NG promoting European travel and
people meeting and understanding others in other countries would be
quite a bit more sensitive to the nationalism of the participants.

Most participants are not rabidly nationalist, since they've travelled a
bit and know better.

Not that we can't joke about nationalism (froggette...g) such jokes
are really only acceptable when we joke about ourselves.

Acceptable to whom? I don't care what people post to a newsgroup; I
follow the Golden Rule, so if they respect my freedom of speech, I
respect theirs (actually, I respect their freedom of speech even when
they refuse to respect mine).

Old January 4th, 2004, 03:49 PM
devil

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 01:18:21 +0100, Mxsmanic wrote:

Tim Kroesen writes:

Shame on the French Government, shame on you as a citizen of such an
uncaring regime.

I don't understand.

:-)

Old January 5th, 2004, 06:07 AM
Tim Kroesen

When did the Golden Rule change to exclude insults; so long as you
declare them 'free speech...g

Another loss Mixy.

Tim K

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Tim Kroesen writes:

[...]

Transpose hotmail and mxsmanic in my e-mail address to reach me

directly.

Old January 8th, 2004, 07:03 AM
DJGred

"Sjoerd" wrote in message ...
"DJGred" schreef in bericht
om...
and I'd be
happy to discuss why we're not granting europeans rebuilding contracts
in Iraq.

Have a nice RTW trip. Better keep quiet wherever you go, because with this
attitude you are unlikely to make any friends.

Sjoerd

are you implying that most people im gonna encounter is as narrow
minded as you are?? isnt it just arrogant to remind me to keep my
mouth shut while im travelling just because I have a different point
of view than you do? dont worry DAD I wont get drunk and fight all the
people in the bar ..ok well I'll get drunk ..heh =)~