living in europe

Old October 13th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Mxsmanic

Default French teachers salary (LONG with details)

Martin writes:

Did you never take an exam?

Yes, long ago.

Old October 13th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Mxsmanic

DDT Filled Mormons writes:

No there isn't. Everything you do is directly related to human
interaction, including your photography and website, so you can't live
without people.

Those interactions are not direct, and they are generally one-way.

Old October 13th, 2005, 10:13 PM
DDT Filled Mormons

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:59:52 +0200, Magda
wrote:

On 13 Oct 2005 19:48:25 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, DDT Filled Mormons
arranged some electrons, so they looked like
this :

... On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:43:00 +0200, Mxsmanic
... wrote:
... The Rev Gaston writes:
... Do you not understand what Stanislas means by "subject", or are you
... being deliberately obstructive?
... I don't understand.
... Can you understand why people are so cruel to you?

I don't understand why you guys waste your time with this idiot.

The same reason I waste time in this place.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old October 13th, 2005, 10:14 PM
DDT Filled Mormons

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 22:00:19 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

DDT Filled Mormons writes:

Can you understand why people are so cruel to you?

Yes.

So why do you persist in aggravating people?
--
---
Old October 13th, 2005, 10:16 PM
DDT Filled Mormons

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:45:31 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

DDT Filled Mormons writes:

As there is no reason to fear human intereraction, your actions are
thus unreasonable.

Perhaps, but there is more to life than human interaction.

Old October 13th, 2005, 11:09 PM
DDT Filled Mormons

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 22:13:25 +0100, in rec.travel.europe, DDT Filled Mormons

... wrote:
... On 13 Oct 2005 19:48:25 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, DDT Filled Mormons
... arranged some electrons, so they looked like
... this :
... ... On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:43:00 +0200, Mxsmanic
... ... wrote:
... ...
... ... The Rev Gaston writes:
... ...
... ... Do you not understand what Stanislas means by "subject", or are you
... ... being deliberately obstructive?
... ...
... ... I don't understand.
... ...
... ... Can you understand why people are so cruel to you?
... I don't understand why you guys waste your time with this idiot.
... The same reason I waste time in this place.

We are a "waste of time"...?

I think of it more as meditation and solitude.
--
---
Old October 13th, 2005, 11:11 PM
DDT Filled Mormons

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 22:22:11 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

DDT Filled Mormons writes:

So why do you persist in aggravating people?

I don't. They aggravate themselves.

You are saying that to aggravate. It is not an explanation.
--
---
Old October 13th, 2005, 11:13 PM
DDT Filled Mormons

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 22:23:07 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

DDT Filled Mormons writes:

No there isn't. Everything you do is directly related to human
interaction, including your photography and website, so you can't live
without people.

Those interactions are not direct, and they are generally one-way.

It's all interaction, is it not?
--
---
Old October 13th, 2005, 11:34 PM
Stanislas de Kertanguy

Mxsmanic wrote:

Stanislas de Kertanguy writes:

Oh, bloody hell, you know very well what I meant by "subject", that is
the translation of French "sujet".

No, I don't.

Don't you have a dictionary?

So let's be back to your comments: how exactly are the French exams
archaic?

By having some sort of mysterious "sujet" that must be kept top
secret.

How exactly is that archaic ?

Doesn't it strike you as pure logic that the questions and problems of
an exam must be kept secret until the very scheduled beginning hour?

If you have six hours to write a philosophy essay, that is six hours.
Not a month at home.

I'd really like to know how is that archaic. I wonder if there is even a
place where written exams and competitions are not happening that way.
But I have a feeling you won't answer.
--
remplacez "lesptt" par "laposte" pour me joindre
substitute "laposte" for "lesptt" to reach me
Old October 13th, 2005, 11:39 PM
Stanislas de Kertanguy

Mxsmanic wrote:

Carole Allen writes:

Perhaps something got lost in translation here. Perhaps when he says
"subject" he doesn't mean subject generically as you do (i.e.,
history, math, biology, etc.), but the actual questions which comprise
the exam.

It would require a phenomenal memory to memorize all the questions on
an exam at a glance, in any way that would offer any kind of
advantage.

What kind of phenomenal memory? It would just require that someone
leaving early passes on the actual énoncé (French word) to the
latecomer.

What is that habit of you of denigrating France and Europe as archaic
countries, on the basis of surrealistic premises?