Address change after buying ticket

Old November 19th, 2005, 11:22 PM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Address change after buying ticket

What should i do now that my drivers license will not match my e-ticker
info? any help would be appreciated.
jon

Old November 19th, 2005, 11:36 PM posted to rec.travel.air

"c/j" wrote in message
ink.net...
What should i do now that my drivers license will not match my e-ticker
info? any help would be appreciated.
jon

Perhaps you can show the agent your previous driver's license?

Old November 20th, 2005, 12:06 AM posted to rec.travel.air

What should i do now that my drivers license will not match my e-ticker
info?

Why ask here......? Call the airline, you are paying them for knowing. (
It shouldnt matter, your name is what they are interested in, but, ymmv)

Old November 20th, 2005, 12:26 AM posted to rec.travel.air

In message . net "Blake
S" wrote:

"c/j" wrote in message
link.net...
What should i do now that my drivers license will not match my e-ticker
info? any help would be appreciated.

Perhaps you can show the agent your previous driver's license?

Possessing more then one drivers' license is a violation of the law in
many jurisdictions.

--
"NEWS SERVERS ARE NOT POWER BY HAMSTERS"
-- rfgdxm/Robert F. Golaszewski
Old November 20th, 2005, 12:41 AM posted to rec.travel.air

What should i do now that my drivers license will not match my e-ticker
info?

They don't check your address, they check your name.

Old November 20th, 2005, 12:45 AM posted to rec.travel.air

In article . net, c/j
wrote:

€ What should i do now that my drivers license will not match my e-ticker
€ info? any help would be appreciated.
€ jon

Use your passport for ID instead of your drivers license. Or just don't
worry, I seriously doubt anyone is going to even notice, let along give
you a hard time.
Old November 20th, 2005, 07:40 AM posted to rec.travel.air

c/j wrote:
What should i do now that my drivers license will not match my e-ticker
info? any help would be appreciated.

I'm pretty sure they don't think they check your address. With the
self-serve kiosks, all they do is get the name off your credit card.

Old November 21st, 2005, 05:55 PM posted to rec.travel.air

In article ,
Alan Street wrote:

In article . net, c/j
wrote:

€ What should i do now that my drivers license will not match my e-ticker
€ info? any help would be appreciated.
€ jon

Use your passport for ID instead of your drivers license. Or just don't
worry, I seriously doubt anyone is going to even notice, let along give
you a hard time.

Any form of photo-id should work. Even two forms of non-photo ID may
work. Check
http://www.tsa.gov/public/interapp/e...orial_1044.xml
for details.
Old November 21st, 2005, 06:02 PM posted to rec.travel.air

In article ,
DevilsPGD wrote:

In message . net "Blake
S" wrote:

"c/j" wrote in message
link.net...
What should i do now that my drivers license will not match my e-ticker
info? any help would be appreciated.

Perhaps you can show the agent your previous driver's license?

Possessing more then one drivers' license is a violation of the law in
many jurisdictions.

Wrong. Possessing more than one VALID driver's license is illegal if
they are for different states, but holding onto an old license is fine.
I did that for years when I replaced a driver's license with a non-photo
license. I used to use the old license for air travel at least ten times
because it had my photo. Only once did anyone (a TSA agent) comment on
the expired date on the license, but I was still able to board.

I eventually replaced the non-photo license with a photo license. I even
had no trouble boarding a flight to PHL from LAS a couple of years ago
when I misplaced my driver's license. Both the gate agent at check-in
and the TSA agent at the security check-point gave me no trouble when I
used my employee ID instead. What I do now as a precaution is carry my
photo driver's ID in my wallet and a county photo ID in my carry-on
luggage. That way, if my driver's license is lost or stolen right before
I need to board a flight, I still have a valid ID card.
Old November 21st, 2005, 08:40 PM posted to rec.travel.air

What should i do now that my drivers license will not match my e-ticker
info? any help would be appreciated.

Nothing. Your address does not appear anywhere on your ticket. They
don't care. Just show some ID to the miminum wage ID checker at the
airport.

In my experience, the ID doesn't even have to match the ticket. When
I travel with my daughter, whose name is completely unlike mine, I
often hand them the two boarding passes with hers on top with my DL,
and as often as not they don't even bother to look at the other pass
to see if it has a matching name.

R's,
John