Tips on how to save petrol

Old March 25th, 2006, 06:05 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Tips on how to save petrol

Tips on how to save petrol
I have listed some tips for saving petrol
in my website
http://www.geocities.com/save_petrol/
so please have a look and make use of it.

Old March 25th, 2006, 07:46 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

wrote:
Tips on how to save petrol
I have listed some tips for saving petrol
in my website
http://www.geocities.com/save_petrol/
so please have a look and make use of it.

this part for Mike Reid

Drive at moderate speed
Avoiding high speeds on open roads results in safer driving and better
fuel economy. In highway driving, over 50% of the power produced by the
engine is used to overcome aerodynamic drag. Drag and thus fuel
consumption increases rapidly at speeds above 90km/h. On the average, a
car uses about 15% more fuel at 100km/h, and 25% more fuel at 110km/h
compared to when it is doing only 90km/h. However, this should not lead
one to conclude that the lower the speed, the better the fuel economy -
because it is not. The fuel consumption of an average car increases
sharply at speeds below 50km/h.

Old March 25th, 2006, 12:01 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

wrote in message
oups.com...
Tips on how to save petrol
I have listed some tips for saving petrol
in my website
http://www.geocities.com/save_petrol/
so please have a look and make use of it.

Further tips. Only drive down hill if you can with the foot off the
accelorator pedal and when going through towns drive at night to avoid any
unecessary queues. A good tip is to spend a few pence (centimos) on a simple
plastic tube and syphon off petrol at multi storey car parks. Pick cars that
do not have cap locks. Another great way to save petrol when driving is to
use diesel fuel.

Old March 25th, 2006, 04:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

I got plenty of money, so I drive big automoblie; I don't care how much
petrol I use because I can afford it. Poor gas mileage = greater
consumption thus higher prices. With higher prices there are fewer sods
on the road, I can travel faster & further.