Getting from Salt Lake Airport to downtown by public transport

Old September 14th, 2009, 10:21 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Rowan

Default Getting from Salt Lake Airport to downtown by public transport

Hi,
I'm flying to SLC and staying at an hotel on 154 West 600 South. Now,
I could get a cab there, but I am happy to do it by public transport,
though having looked at the website of the airport I can't actually
work out how you do it. If anyone has any tips they are most welcome,
as are suggestions as to where I should visit/go to while I am in
town.
Thanks,
Rowan.
Old September 15th, 2009, 05:54 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Gadi Ben-Avi[_2_]

Short version:
Take bus #550 from the airport. Get off at the stop at 600 S @ 245 W and
walk the rest of the way (about 1000 feet).
Should take about 20 minutes according to the web site.

Long version:
Go to www.rideuta.com and look around.
Enter airport for your origin.

I got this information from the web site. I don't have any personal
experience with public transportation in Salt Lake City.

Gadi

Old September 15th, 2009, 07:02 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lee Choquette

In article ,
Gadi Ben-Avi wrote:
Short version:
Take bus #550 from the airport. Get off at the stop at 600 S @ 245 W and
walk the rest of the way (about 1000 feet).
Should take about 20 minutes according to the web site.

Additional information about this bus you might find useful:

Utah Transit Authority 801-287-4636
6:00 am-11:00 pm Monday-Saturday
9:45 am-10:00 pm Sunday and holidays

A UTA bus leaves the airport for the City Center every 30 minutes during
the day and every 60 minutes after 7:00 pm. One way fare is $1.60. Bus
stops are located in the parking structure between Terminal One and
Terminal Two. Limited service is available on weekends and holidays.

from http://www.slcairport.com/buses_taxis_limos.html
Old September 17th, 2009, 06:44 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
SMS

Rowan wrote:
Hi,
I'm flying to SLC and staying at an hotel on 154 West 600 South. Now,
I could get a cab there, but I am happy to do it by public transport,
though having looked at the website of the airport I can't actually
work out how you do it. If anyone has any tips they are most welcome,
as are suggestions as to where I should visit/go to while I am in
town.

There are some interesting places a bit south of Salt Lake City, but you
need a car to get there. The Kennecott Copper Mine is very interesting,
as is Timpanogos Cave National Monument.

The South Visitors Center of the LDS church has a drinking fountain with
really cold water by the rear (southeast) door by the restrooms (not the
main entrance).