how to shop one way car rental from Boston to Manhattan?

Old September 21st, 2009, 11:55 PM posted to alt.boston.moderated,alt.boston.unmoderated,nyc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
ArbH

Default how to shop one way car rental from Boston to Manhattan?

Please tell me how to shop one way car rental from Boston to Manhattan?
Most car rental, Alamo / National / Thrift impose a hafty $150 drop off
charges.
I found this Boston.com = no drop off fee required, but I am unable to
confirm by any rental companies in this list:
http://www.boston.com/news/daily/14/...car_rental.htm
We plan to pick up car on Sunday late October, drive to Hartford over night,
and drop off car the next day in Manhattan. Thank you for your advise.

Old September 22nd, 2009, 04:57 AM posted to alt.boston.moderated,alt.boston.unmoderated,nyc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
jessica_smith_nyc

Try talking to the concierge........they may be able to take care of
this.

--
http://www.moviesitearchive.com

Old September 22nd, 2009, 06:34 AM posted to alt.boston.moderated,alt.boston.unmoderated,nyc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
Binyamin Dissen

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 15:55:12 -0700 "ArbH" wrote:

:Please tell me how to shop one way car rental from Boston to Manhattan?
:Most car rental, Alamo / National / Thrift impose a hafty $150 drop off
:charges.
:I found this Boston.com = no drop off fee required, but I am unable to
:confirm by any rental companies in this list:
:http://www.boston.com/news/daily/14/...car_rental.htm
:We plan to pick up car on Sunday late October, drive to Hartford over night,
:and drop off car the next day in Manhattan. Thank you for your advise.

Use Orbitz as a start and then check the rental web sites.

Prices frequently drop, so make a reservation and keep checking it.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:24 PM posted to alt.boston.moderated,alt.boston.unmoderated,nyc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
slim

On 2009-09-21 18:55:12 -0400, "ArbH" said:

Please tell me how to shop one way car rental from Boston to Manhattan?
Most car rental, Alamo / National / Thrift impose a hafty $150 drop off
charges.
I found this Boston.com = no drop off fee required, but I am unable to
confirm by any rental companies in this list:
http://www.boston.com/news/daily/14/...car_rental.htm
We plan to pick up car on Sunday late October, drive to Hartford over
night, and drop off car the next day in Manhattan. Thank you for your
advise.

Take the Fung Wah Bus direct for fifteen bucks.

--
"A nickel isn't worth a dime today." - Y. Berra

Old September 23rd, 2009, 02:18 AM posted to alt.boston.moderated,alt.boston.unmoderated,nyc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
ArbH

We need to go to a meeting in Hartford, Connecticut. That is why we have to
rent a car. We did consider driving from Boston to Hartford, and return the
car back to Boston. Then, take the bus from Boston to Manhattan, much hassel
with our lugguge. But looking at Google map, Boston to Hartford already
covers two third of the driving distance already. That is why we shop for
one way car rental. Car rental providers who offer one way rentals, impose
$150 drop off fee, or double or triple daily rental fee, on the same type of
car.

In fact, for the last few years, over 75% of our vacation travel are in open
jaw flying and many one way car rentals, both in the US and Canada, and in
Western Europe.

Old September 23rd, 2009, 02:56 AM posted to alt.boston.moderated,alt.boston.unmoderated,nyc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

On 2009-09-21 18:55:12 -0400, "ArbH" said:

Please tell me how to shop one way car rental from Boston to Manhattan?
Most car rental, Alamo / National / Thrift impose a hafty $150 drop off
charges.
I found this Boston.com = no drop off fee required, but I am unable to
confirm by any rental companies in this list:
http://www.boston.com/news/daily/14/...car_rental.htm
We plan to pick up car on Sunday late October, drive to Hartford over
night, and drop off car the next day in Manhattan. Thank you for your
advise.

Take the Fung Wah Bus direct for fifteen bucks.

Stopping in Hartford overnight?

Old September 25th, 2009, 10:28 PM posted to alt.boston.moderated,alt.boston.unmoderated,nyc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
slim

On 2009-09-22 21:18:51 -0400, "ArbH" said:

We need to go to a meeting in Hartford, Connecticut. That is why we
have to rent a car. We did consider driving from Boston to Hartford,
and return the car back to Boston. Then, take the bus from Boston to
Manhattan, much hassel with our lugguge. But looking at Google map,
Boston to Hartford already covers two third of the driving distance
already. That is why we shop for one way car rental. Car rental
providers who offer one way rentals, impose $150 drop off fee, or
double or triple daily rental fee, on the same type of car.

In fact, for the last few years, over 75% of our vacation travel are in
open jaw flying and many one way car rentals, both in the US and
Canada, and in Western Europe.

Take the bus.

--
"A nickel isn't worth a dime today." - Y. Berra

Old September 25th, 2009, 10:29 PM posted to alt.boston.moderated,alt.boston.unmoderated,nyc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
slim

On 2009-09-21 18:55:12 -0400, "ArbH" said:

Please tell me how to shop one way car rental from Boston to Manhattan?
Most car rental, Alamo / National / Thrift impose a hafty $150 drop off
charges.
I found this Boston.com = no drop off fee required, but I am unable to
confirm by any rental companies in this list:
http://www.boston.com/news/daily/14/...car_rental.htm
We plan to pick up car on Sunday late October, drive to Hartford over
night, and drop off car the next day in Manhattan. Thank you for your
advise.

Take the Fung Wah Bus direct for fifteen bucks.

Stopping in Hartford overnight?

Whooops...my bad! ;-[)

--
"A nickel isn't worth a dime today." - Y. Berra

Old September 26th, 2009, 01:12 AM posted to alt.boston.moderated,alt.boston.unmoderated,nyc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 17:28:19 -0400, Slim wrote:

Take the bus.

You do seem like a big proponent of the bus.
I read someplace recently that there isn't much leg room on buses. Is
that true?

Old September 26th, 2009, 02:21 AM posted to alt.boston.moderated,alt.boston.unmoderated,nyc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
ArbH

"Slim" wrote in message
Stopping in Hartford overnight?

Whooops...my bad! ;-[)

--
"A nickel isn't worth a dime today." - Y. Berra

Actually, we are driving from Boston, sightseeing on SR 169, stop over at
Hartford, then on to Manhattan. We have a business meeting in Hartford.