Weather in November in Italy

Old November 22nd, 2005, 10:01 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Weather in November in Italy

Just to put this on record: For several days we've been having snow
flurries, sleet and freezing rain (beating against the windows this
very minute). The next time someone asks what the weather's like in
Italy in November, remember that even sleet and snow are possible.

Near us (visible from our terrace, a little further inland and a
little higher up), the ground has been covered with snow for several
days.
--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it

Old November 23rd, 2005, 09:05 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 08:03:18 +0100, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article ,
says...
Just to put this on record: For several days we've been having snow
flurries, sleet and freezing rain (beating against the windows this
very minute). The next time someone asks what the weather's like in
Italy in November, remember that even sleet and snow are possible.

Near us (visible from our terrace, a little further inland and a
little higher up), the ground has been covered with snow for several
days.

Where in Italy do you live ?

Not in the Alps! I live in Le Marche, near the Adriatic coast, at
about the same latitude as Florence. We are in the foothills of the
Apennines, at about 200 meters above sea level.

Overnight it actually snowed here and there is a rather slushy snow
cover on the ground. This is not terribly unusual. Last year we also
had our first snowfall in November. I've been here 8 years now, and
this is the third time I've seen snow in November.

I sometimes read postings saying, "November is a great month to visit
Italy. I was there in November last year and we were wearing just
sweaters." It's certainly possible that you might find sunny and
reasonably warm weather here in November, but the typical weather is
chilly and damp, and even snow is not unheard of.

Old November 23rd, 2005, 12:22 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to B Vaughan

I sometimes read postings saying, "November is a great month to visit
Italy. I was there in November last year and we were wearing just
sweaters." It's certainly possible that you might find sunny and
reasonably warm weather here in November, but the typical weather is
chilly and damp, and even snow is not unheard of.

you wont hear me say it, I've been to Italy in November, damp,
cold and foggy. (Lombardy). Enjoyed it though.
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-photos UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site