Any Input on Maalaea Maui?

Old July 18th, 2005, 08:55 PM

Default Any Input on Maalaea Maui?

While looking for a place to stay on Maui, we did come across what
appears to be a wonderful condo owned by some very nice people in
Maalaea. My wife, however, loves the Kanapali area, loves to shop in
Lahina, and sitesee in the north area, so we're in a bit of a
tug-of-war now about where to stay. Can anyone offer input on the
Maalea area, how the weather compares to Kaanapali, what there is to do
in the area, etc. etc. etc.? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-Fleemo

Old July 18th, 2005, 09:18 PM
alohacyberian

wrote in message
oups.com...
While looking for a place to stay on Maui, we did come across what
appears to be a wonderful condo owned by some very nice people in
Maalaea. My wife, however, loves the Kanapali area, loves to shop in
Lahina, and sitesee in the north area, so we're in a bit of a
tug-of-war now about where to stay. Can anyone offer input on the
Maalea area, how the weather compares to Kaanapali, what there is to do
in the area, etc. etc. etc.? Any input would be appreciated.

The weather on the leeward side of the Hawaiian Islands is a little bit
warmer than the weather on the windward sides. The warmest places on Maui are
probably Kaanapali, Lahaina and Kihei. Since Ma'alaea falls between the two,
my guess would be the weather there is comparable to Kaanapali and it's not a
far drive to Lahaina from there. Unless you live in a place like Hawaii where
the weather is about the same year round, it's doubtful you'd be able to tell
the difference between the leeward sides of any given Hawaiiana island
compared the windward sides especially in the winter months. You didn't say
what time of year you will be visiting. For more information about Maui - you
are invited to visit my Maui webpage at:
~ http://keith.martin.home.att.net/vMaui.html - where you'll find no
pop-ups, no advertising and nothing for sale. Bon voyage! KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old July 19th, 2005, 12:43 AM

Hey alohacyberian, I visited your website but found several broken
links (such as at "101 things to do on Maui" and the "Virtual
Fieldtrips" links). But thanks anyway. We're actually going next week
for an impromptu vacation. What might the weather be like in July in
Maalaea?

Mike, that's just the kind of input we were looking for, thank you. I
think we would appreciate a more peaceful trip this time around, so
perhaps this will fit the bill nicely. It's just hard to rely on
pictures on the web to paint an accurate picture. I'd hate to get
there and go, "Uh oh."

-Fleemo

Old July 19th, 2005, 05:33 AM
alohacyberian

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey alohacyberian, I visited your website but found several broken
links (such as at "101 things to do on Maui" and the "Virtual
Fieldtrips" links). But thanks anyway. We're actually going next week
for an impromptu vacation. What might the weather be like in July in
Maalaea?

Thanks for the head's up - I shall repair the links, time permitting. The
weather in July should be in the high 80s in the daytime and the high 70s at
night. KM

Old July 19th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Hawaii Vacation Rental/Swap

Aloha Fleemo

Maalaea is charming

There's a harbour, an aquarium, windsurfing, and if you're sailing a view of
at least 4 Hawaiian Islands

Most isles here are accesible by a short rental car drive ...

Check us out if you're on the Big Island

http://www.onomango.com

Aloha

-T&D

oups.com...

Old July 19th, 2005, 04:42 PM
JimMauiSFO

It is the windiest part of the island. Not unusual to have 50 knots in
the mid afternoon. It's always sunny though.

Old July 20th, 2005, 07:07 AM

The Maalea Waterfront is an excellent seafood restaurant, although
weird entrance through an apartment building, but you come out on the
water. Also a good Chinese there. The rest are tourist traps, but at
least there are choices. It's a short drive to beautiful Wailea & not
too far to Lahaina, Kaanpali (which I can't stand) & Kapalua.