Halifax Vacation Home Available

Old July 4th, 2005, 06:13 PM
redmaple

Default Halifax Vacation Home Available

Hi,

I have a nice vacation home on the water front of the Halifax port
area. It is located in the tourist area of Eastern Passage, Dartmouth.
All four bed rooms of the house have the view of the Halifax city
skyline. There is also docking available to moore your boats. You can
have a view of the house and its water front at

http://photos.yahoo.com/halifaxrentals

You can contact me at:

Henry (508) 340-9828, email: redmapleleaf at gmail.com
Tung (902) 830-1881,

Reservation is on the first come first serve basis. I prefer to rent
out as a house but will consider renting room by room if there are
enough inquiries. The price per week is $500/house or $200/room.

Henry

Henry (508) 340-9828, email: redmapleleaf at gmail.com
Tung (902) 830-1881,

Reservation is on the first come first serve basis. I prefer to rent
out as a house but will consider renting room by room if there are
enough inquiries. The price per week is $500/house or $200/room.

check this out...

Old July 4th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Brian Smith

"gman99" wrote in message
oups.com...

check this out...

The photos are very misleading. You don't get those views from Eastern
Passage, or anywhere close to there.

Brian

Old July 4th, 2005, 07:44 PM
gman99

Brian Smith wrote:
"gman99" wrote in message
oups.com...

check this out...

The photos are very misleading. You don't get those views from Eastern
Passage, or anywhere close to there.

Brian

Exactly...people will try and sell anything on the internet...pretty
pricy for being in the middle of nowhere. My thought is that if you
wanna be in Halifax being is Eastern Passage ain't gonna cut it. You
might as well go the other way and find cheaper accomodations. I like
the $200 a week for a ROOM...does that mean shared bathrooms and the
like ?? YUCK !!

Old July 4th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Zoloft

Gman,

Yuck is right!! Reminds me of some hotels in France we stayed at years
ago! One common ****ter for the entire floor of rooms!! But each room
did have a bidet! WTF is with that?

Bill.

gman99 wrote:

Brian Smith wrote:

groups.com...

--
Free Nutrition and Weight Loss Information:

http://www.mission-thin-possible.com

Henry (508) 340-9828, email: redmapleleaf at gmail.com
Tung (902) 830-1881,

Reservation is on the first come first serve basis. I prefer to rent
out as a house but will consider renting room by room if there are
enough inquiries. The price per week is $500/house or $200/room.

check this out...

The 'tourist area' of Eastern Passage? Huh? Well, hopefully no one
would be foolish enough to rent it before seeing it.

KD

Old July 4th, 2005, 07:58 PM
gman99

The 'tourist area' of Eastern Passage? Huh? Well, hopefully no one
would be foolish enough to rent it before seeing it.

I'm thinking it's that intesection near the ice cream joint...I pass by
it on the way to the golf course...there's a church and a boardwalk and
a few touristy type places there...

Old July 4th, 2005, 10:24 PM
Brian Smith

"gman99" wrote in message
oups.com...

Exactly...people will try and sell anything on the internet...pretty
pricy for being in the middle of nowhere. My thought is that if you
wanna be in Halifax being is Eastern Passage ain't gonna cut it. You
might as well go the other way and find cheaper accomodations. I like
the $200 a week for a ROOM...does that mean shared bathrooms and the
like ?? YUCK !!

No kidding! Just another scam. I doubt if the advertiser will be able to be
contacted by any of the suckers (I mean visitors) that they take in (pardon
the pun).

Not even close to truth in advertising.

Brian

Old July 4th, 2005, 10:25 PM
Brian Smith

"gman99" wrote in message
oups.com...

I'm thinking it's that intesection near the ice cream joint...I pass by
it on the way to the golf course...there's a church and a boardwalk and
a few touristy type places there...

I was just reading the copy again. How many people 'moore' their boats at
docking? Most people I know moor their boats offshore. They have been known
to tie up at a dock, though.

How high is that house? A view of the Halifax city skyline? You have to look
over Lawlor and McNabs Islands.

Quite the scam.

Brian

Old July 4th, 2005, 10:39 PM
wmd

Brian Smith wrote:

The photos are very misleading. You don't get those views from Eastern
Passage, or anywhere close to there.

Brian

Actually Brian, of the seven photos that aren't of the house, only three
are not viable from Eastern Passage. The other four do look like they
were taken near the site of the residence, or from one of the harbour
islands.

And of those three pictures not taken from Eastern Passage, one is
clearly taken from a boat (you can see the outboard motor), and the
others look like they were also taken from a boat. This would suggest
that perhaps the vendor is trying to upsell the views one could get from
their boat, which they could launch from the house site. Sure, he didn't
specifically spell this out, but one would need to be pretty dim to not
realize the photos were taken from a boat!

Just playing devil's advocate ... things in this NG seem *especially*
critical these days! It could very well be an honest guy - get this!
- just trying to rent out a place he owns to people who might want to
stay on this side of the harbour!! When it isn't foggy, Eastern Passage
can actually be quite a nice place!

wmd