Smuggler's Notch

Old July 16th, 2005, 02:26 AM
JLamm

Default Smuggler's Notch

Hi, again:

Any thoughts about Smuggler's Notch in Vermont as a 4- or 5-day trip with
two young daughters?

john

Old July 16th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Norm Goldman

This is a wonderful place for children.
We were there about 3 years ago without our kids, however, we did notice the
excellent facilities and staff that attended to the kids.

Norm
Editor
Sketchandtravel.com

Old July 17th, 2005, 01:46 AM
Brian

"Norm Goldman" wrote:

This is a wonderful place for children.
We were there about 3 years ago without our kids, however, we did notice the
excellent facilities and staff that attended to the kids.

Norm
Editor
Sketchandtravel.com

Is it adult friendly also or just oriented toward kids?

Old July 19th, 2005, 03:47 AM
Iain Kent

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 01:26:00 GMT, "JLamm"
wrote:

Hi, again:

Any thoughts about Smuggler's Notch in Vermont as a 4- or 5-day trip with
two young daughters?

john

Watch "Sound of Music" with the kids before you go, then visit the
Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe. Next, take the gondola up Mount Mansfield
on a good day and walk to the mountain's summit (it's Vermont's
highest). Plan to stop the car and take pictures as the kids climb on
the strange rocks along the route through the notch itself. If you get
bored of the alpine setting around Stowe, drive out to Burlington for
a fun day of shopping and maybe a boat trip out on Lake Champlain to
look for "Champy." There's also a bona fide ghost town in Little River
State Park near Waterford, if you don't mind a little hiking. And for
an inspiring dose of history, drive out to Fort Ticonderoga on the New
York side of the border.
Old July 19th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Norm Goldman

As mentioned, you will not go wrong with children at Smuggs, as they are
called.
Norm
Editor
sketchandtravel.com