washington DC economical hotel

Old July 16th, 2005, 05:42 AM

Default washington DC economical hotel

I would like some input into where to stay for 3 nites that is
economical with good quality accommodations. We are from Canada and
considering the following properties: Red Roof - 500 H St, Days Inn -
4400 Connecticut, Virginian Suites - 1500 Arlington or Quality Hotel -
1200 N. Courthourse Road or Bestwestern - 1121 New Hampshire can anyone
give me some advice or suggestions? Thank you.

Old July 16th, 2005, 06:31 PM
WhansaMi

wrote in message
oups.com...
I would like some input into where to stay for 3 nites that is
economical with good quality accommodations. We are from Canada and
considering the following properties: Red Roof - 500 H St, Days Inn -
4400 Connecticut, Virginian Suites - 1500 Arlington or Quality Hotel -
1200 N. Courthourse Road or Bestwestern - 1121 New Hampshire can anyone
give me some advice or suggestions? Thank you.

DC is laid out on a grid. Is the Red Roof Inn on 500 H St. NW, NE, SW, or
SE? That makes a BIG difference in the area.

I'm pretty sure the Virginian and the Quality Inn are not in the city, based
on the addresses. Would you mind staying outside the city?

Like the previous poster suggested, I'd look at TripAdvisor. Basically,
there are some good areas in DC, and there are some areas you REALLY, REALLY
don't want to be in. Generally, if you are looking for economical hotels,
you are better off in the suburbs. The cheap hotels in the city tend toward
the less nice areas. I've lived in the DC area for 14 years and if you were
my friend/family, I would suggest staying outside the city a bit and taking
the train in, unless you can afford to stay in a nicer place. There are
some GREAT places to stay in DC, but the iffy ones are really iffy.

Sheila

Old July 16th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Keith Willshaw

wrote in message
oups.com...
I would like some input into where to stay for 3 nites that is
economical with good quality accommodations. We are from Canada and
considering the following properties: Red Roof - 500 H St, Days Inn -
4400 Connecticut, Virginian Suites - 1500 Arlington or Quality Hotel -
1200 N. Courthourse Road or Bestwestern - 1121 New Hampshire can anyone
give me some advice or suggestions? Thank you.

If you are looking to visit downtown DC you cant beat the
Harrington IMHO. Its old and shabby but clean and you really
cant beat the location on the corner of 11th & E Streets, N.W

Its only a few blocks minutes walk to the Whitehouse abd
the Mall and being able to pop back to the hotel to drop
stuff off or have a rest is priceless IMHO.
http://www.hotel-harrington.com/

Keith

Old July 18th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Juliana L Holm

The Red Roof Inn is at H Street Northwest, and is most convenient of these
to the major sites in DC, indeed it is within walking distance of most of them
if you are a walker. It's also pretty close to the Gallery Place metro and
is withing spitting distance of a number of good restaurants in Chinatown.

It is also a very nice hotel, at least from the lobby point of view. I'd guess
it is fairly basic inside, but who knows.

Please let me know what you think about it.

Julie

--
Julie