hug a ramp worker

Old November 7th, 2007, 06:29 AM posted to rec.travel.air
JA_Moran

Default hug a ramp worker

I did have a lady give me a hug after I found her cell phone on the ramp.

She had put her phone in a pocket of a stroller and the stroller was
handed to someone on the ground to put into the F-1 compartment on the
aircraft.

the cell phone fell out of the pocket. I just happened to see it as I
was doing a walk around. I went into the jetway, asked a flight
attendant, then called the gate agent on the radio. The woman met me in
the jetway, was glad I found her phone and gave me a hug...

sadly in some cases people who work the ramp feel they are being
exploited, and they are as they are not being paid that much but ramp
workers are the ones who load the bags, load the fuel, empty the
lavatory tanks, and push the aircraft out. Ramp workers do it in all
sorts of weather be it snow, rain, or furnace like heat. Also working
around the jets is loud and getting blasted by a jet or APU exhaust is
like a stand up blow dryer... very hot....

I believe one airline recently fired their CFO and he was making about
$400,000 per year, the ramp worker makes a fraction of that. IF the CFO
calls in sick, the airline still runs, if ramp workers call in sick and
ther are not enough, planes don't get pushed out on time...things go
downhill fast.. My other job is a systems engineer.. I never did work
on the ramp for the money....how could you...??

JOHN
Old November 7th, 2007, 09:21 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_3_]

JA_MORAN wrote:
My other job is a systems engineer.. I never did work
on the ramp for the money....how could you...??

Maybe not just the money, but for other economic beneifts, like travel.
Same thing.... I doubt you did it as a benefit to mankind.