not given frequent flyer miles

Old November 3rd, 2007, 02:20 PM posted to rec.travel.air
yawnmoth

Default not given frequent flyer miles

I recently went on a trip with American Airlines tickets that I had
bought for myself and a family member but when looking at my miles, it
looks as though I'm only being given credit for one of those tickets -
not both. Any idea as to why this is?

Old November 3rd, 2007, 05:45 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Hatunen

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 14:20:17 -0000, yawnmoth
wrote:

I recently went on a trip with American Airlines tickets that I had
bought for myself and a family member but when looking at my miles, it
looks as though I'm only being given credit for one of those tickets -
not both. Any idea as to why this is?

You might try reading AA's FF rules, but enerally you don't get
miles for anyone but an FF member, which in this case appears to
be you.

British Airways has a cool setup where North Americans can
establish a household account and the miles for anyone in the
household go into a common pot.

Old November 4th, 2007, 09:16 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Tchiowa

On Nov 3, 9:20 pm, yawnmoth wrote:
I recently went on a trip with American Airlines tickets that I had
bought for myself and a family member but when looking at my miles, it
looks as though I'm only being given credit for one of those tickets -
not both. Any idea as to why this is?

Because there is only one of you. You don't get credit for other
people's travel, even if you pay for it.

Old November 5th, 2007, 05:16 AM posted to rec.travel.air
LVTravel[_2_]

What the other two posters have said is correct. You can only get credit
for one person even if you book many others. I routinely book 2-5 hotel
rooms for business but the frequent guest programs I belong to all state
that I can get credit for only one room. If I book it as a group, then I
can get special point incentives but unfortunately many times the minimum
number of rooms has to be at least 8.

Shame the family member didn't have their own FF account as they could have
collected the points. Some FF programs will allow you to transfer or borrow
points from other members (did so with US Air recently with my wife's
account). AA used to allow this but I don't know if it is now allowed.

ups.com...

Old November 6th, 2007, 01:30 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Brian[_1_]

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 00:16:05 -0500, "LVTravel" wrote:

What the other two posters have said is correct. You can only get credit
for one person even if you book many others. I routinely book 2-5 hotel
rooms for business but the frequent guest programs I belong to all state
that I can get credit for only one room. If I book it as a group, then I
can get special point incentives but unfortunately many times the minimum
number of rooms has to be at least 8.

Since my daughter has gotten older, we often book two rooms. I do get
credit for both rooms. Of course I'm paying for both rooms but so was
the OP with the airline tickets. But airline tickets have always
accrued points only to the passenger. At least that has always been my
experience.

Shame the family member didn't have their own FF account as they could have
collected the points. Some FF programs will allow you to transfer or borrow
points from other members (did so with US Air recently with my wife's
account). AA used to allow this but I don't know if it is now allowed.

Some are charging for it now.
Old November 6th, 2007, 04:46 PM posted to rec.travel.air
LVTravel[_2_]

"Brian" wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 00:16:05 -0500, "LVTravel" wrote:

SNIP

Since my daughter has gotten older, we often book two rooms. I do get
credit for both rooms. Of course I'm paying for both rooms but so was
the OP with the airline tickets. SNIP

The only way I have found to get credit for more than one room at at time is
to book them separately. Then I can get the additional points but not if I
book more than one room at one setting. What hotel company is giving credit
for multiple bookings? Might have to change my hotels of choice (no pun
intended and definately can't stand the Choice brands.)

Old November 6th, 2007, 09:24 PM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD

In message "LVTravel"
wrote:

The only way I have found to get credit for more than one room at at time is
to book them separately. Then I can get the additional points but not if I
book more than one room at one setting. What hotel company is giving credit
for multiple bookings? Might have to change my hotels of choice (no pun
intended and definately can't stand the Choice brands.)

I've gotten doubles on Holiday Inn Express, we just added the frequent
visitor number on check-in.

--
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than just a kind word.
Old November 6th, 2007, 10:14 PM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_3_]

LVTravel wrote:
"Brian" wrote in message

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 00:16:05 -0500, "LVTravel" wrote:

SNIP

Since my daughter has gotten older, we often book two rooms. I do get
credit for both rooms. Of course I'm paying for both rooms but so was
the OP with the airline tickets. SNIP

The only way I have found to get credit for more than one room at at time is
to book them separately. Then I can get the additional points but not if I
book more than one room at one setting. What hotel company is giving credit
for multiple bookings? Might have to change my hotels of choice (no pun
intended and definately can't stand the Choice brands.)

Muliple major US chains do this, but I can't remember which.
I believe I got points for 2 rooms at both Hilton and Hyatt at one time.

My complaint with Hilton is when you book 2 rooms now, at the same time,
you get two identical confirmations by email, for one room. Also, you
are unable to view the reservation on the website. If you call them,
they will tell you there are 2 rooms book, but it is a bit uncomfortable
not being able to get this info in the email confirmation or when you
look online. On the other hand, I liked the double dipping aspect of
the program for points and airline miles. Elite status is worthwhile.
We got free breakfast at the Dublin Airport Hilton on Friday night.
In addition, we received fruit in our room, and a turndown with
chocolates and wine. Nice benefits considering I booked a discounted
prepaid rate.
Old November 6th, 2007, 10:49 PM posted to rec.travel.air
wolf

In article . com,
yawnmoth wrote:

I recently went on a trip with American Airlines tickets that I had
bought for myself and a family member but when looking at my miles, it
looks as though I'm only being given credit for one of those tickets -
not both. Any idea as to why this is?

Even worse for me. I booked two seats for myself so that my wife and I
could have an empty seat between us. AA wouldn't give me credit for the
second seat even though there wasn't someone else seating in it. I paid
for it and flopped over into it but no miles from AA.

We've done the same thing on Delta and they DID give me credit for the
miles on the extra seat.
Old November 7th, 2007, 12:12 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Brian[_1_]

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 11:46:30 -0500, "LVTravel" wrote:

The only way I have found to get credit for more than one room at at time is
to book them separately. Then I can get the additional points but not if I
book more than one room at one setting. What hotel company is giving credit
for multiple bookings? Might have to change my hotels of choice (no pun
intended and definately can't stand the Choice brands.)

Starwood has and Hampton Inn (Hilton.) I think Six Continents did
also.