UA 767s to Hawaii?

Old November 9th, 2007, 09:50 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Pro

Default UA 767s to Hawaii?

Also don't tell me that they don't offer free meals on
board the flights to Hawaii. How many hours does it take to get there
from SFO, LAX, or DEN. Not that the food is all the great on a plane,
but you think for flights that long they would offer a meal.Michael

No free meals with United except in first class west coast to hawaii.
Hawaiian still serves hot meals WC-HI in coach
Aloha gives u a mini meal sandwich and small dessert bar coach
ATA gave a hot meal a few years ago it was quite pleasant, now you
must purchase everything except the free soft drinks and some water.
Really the food (not snack boxes) that United offers WC-Hi are quite
good.
Like I said before, they are Trader Vics branded salads and
sandwiches.

Old November 10th, 2007, 04:41 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mike Jacoubowsky

My family and I are planning a trip to Hawaii this coming spring. Will
most likely fly on UA. Just wondering if UAs 767 aircraft have in seat
video or plugins for laptops. Just would like to know, as we will need
something to do on flight to Hawaii from DEN, SFO, or LAX. Also can
anyone post the address of the website (seat something .com) that
provides information on each airlines different aircraft and which
seats to avoid? I know we probably won't be able to pick out our
seats, as we will be doing a package deal and not booking the airfare
at UA.com, although we were put in Econ+ to London and the flights
were part of a package. I guess that was due to the plane being half
empty.

Thanks
Michael

Absolutely no possibility of power (empower or 110v) in any UA coach seat.
And even in first class, the port is often boarded up (plate screwed over
the top of it).

I'll agree with the other post in which somebody was impressed by the
quality of the BOB (Buy on Board) offering. The $5 (or was it $8?) Trader
Vics chicken salad I had was better than any of the free coach meals I've
had. Be nice and bring exact change.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com