sampling and testing airline food

Old November 9th, 2007, 01:06 PM posted to rec.travel.air
JA_Moran

Default sampling and testing airline food

I remember sitting at the gate area at SFO in San Francisco waiting for
a plane, had my briefcase on my lap and I think I was working on
calcusus, someone from PSA comes over and asked if I'd help evaluate
airline meals...

how did they look, how did they taste, and overall impression....

well, now you don't get as much foode as then and on some flights you
barely get any food.

I only wish the TSA people would let you bring food you buy from
someplace off the airport with you to thegate area or on the plane
provided you could show them the receit proving it was recently purchased.

I don't think Subway, Burger King, or Safeway sell food that morphs into
something sinister

JOHN
Old November 9th, 2007, 05:00 PM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_3_]

JA_MORAN wrote:

I remember sitting at the gate area at SFO in San Francisco waiting for
a plane, had my briefcase on my lap and I think I was working on
calcusus, someone from PSA comes over and asked if I'd help evaluate
airline meals...

how did they look, how did they taste, and overall impression....

well, now you don't get as much foode as then and on some flights you
barely get any food.

I only wish the TSA people would let you bring food you buy from
someplace off the airport with you to thegate area or on the plane
provided you could show them the receit proving it was recently purchased.

I don't think Subway, Burger King, or Safeway sell food that morphs into
something sinister

How would you prove the food you are taking through security is the food
on the receipt.

Let's say there is an explosive that looks like water.
It would be simple for a terrorist to get a receipt for a bottle of water.
Of course, it wouldn't be too hard to actually replicate a Subway
receipt, if you really wanted to do something bad.

I wasn't aware TSA prevent you from taking food into the secure side.
When did this start.
I have seen people bring homemade food through. I don't remember seeing
anyone bring fast food in, but I have also never seen TSA stop anyone
from bringing it.
Old November 9th, 2007, 08:54 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

On Nov 9, 10:00 am, mrtravel wrote:
JA_MORAN wrote:
[...]

from bringing it.- Hide quoted text -

Just watch out for the exploding mushrooms.

Old November 9th, 2007, 10:43 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Pro

www.airlinemeals.net