Carrying luggage through Paris metro

Old September 26th, 2003, 07:56 AM
Eugene

Default Carrying luggage through Paris metro

I will use PER and then the metro to go from CDG airport to my hotel
in the center of Paris. Since I will be carrying one piece of medium
sized luggage, I would like to know whether this is easy. Or, are
there physical obstacles that prohibit this (e.g. too many stairs
instead of escalators)?

Suggestions from anyone out there who has done this already will be
appreciated.

thanks
Old September 26th, 2003, 08:13 AM
hotels Splendid + Gounod Nice

bonjour
it is feasible, there are escalators in large stations, but expect to
walk up stairs with your suitcase ! if possible try to avoid rush hours
as you might have nasty comments from the passengers if you put the
suitcse on their feet
have a nice trip

michel

Old September 26th, 2003, 10:56 AM
Mxsmanic

Eugene writes:

I will use PER and then the metro to go from CDG airport to my hotel
in the center of Paris. Since I will be carrying one piece of medium
sized luggage, I would like to know whether this is easy.

It's not easy, but it is doable. Most stations that handle travellers
with luggage have some sort of passage for larger pieces of luggage
somewhere. It's a lot easier to take a taxi, though.

Old September 26th, 2003, 05:12 PM
Debra Weber Kurt Weber

A suggestion made to me when I asked a similar question was that I use
the bus after getting to the center of Paris. I did not do that, but
it seemed like a good choice.

Old September 26th, 2003, 07:12 PM
Jenn

In article ,
hotels Splendid + Gounod Nice wrote:

bonjour
it is feasible, there are escalators in large stations, but expect to
walk up stairs with your suitcase ! if possible try to avoid rush hours
as you might have nasty comments from the passengers if you put the
suitcse on their feet
have a nice trip

michel

there will likely be many places where stairs need to be climbed --
sometimes very long stairs

on the other hand, people have luggage on board subways all the time and
it is no big deal to have one suitcase -- you just stand in one of the
wide sections near an exit -- this is really not an issue

Old September 26th, 2003, 11:17 PM
Timon

If you use the RER lines, there are no problems with your luggage all
rer line are prepared with automatic stairs, and elevators, the
problem comes when you change to a metro line, doors are littles, and
no elevators or automatic stairs.
Just return from Paris yesterday, my 4th time there.
NICE LIKE ALWAYS

http://on.to/timon