Distance between Cities

Old December 11th, 2003, 04:05 AM
CJABVG

Default Distance between Cities

Can anyone tell me the mileage from Montego Bay, Jamaica to Negril, Jamaica. We
have an argument going here. Is Negril west or east or Montego Bay? Thanks
Old December 11th, 2003, 04:45 PM
Tashi

Negril is West of Montego Bay about 1.5-2hrs by car from Montego Bay Airport
to Negril Airport.

Old December 11th, 2003, 10:57 PM
Dave Etz

Negril is west of Mo Bay. Negril is on the western tip of the country.
Depending on what part of Negril you're going to, its about 45 miles or so,
and with the new road, takes about an hour and fifteen minutes to the
roundabout.

Dave

Old December 16th, 2003, 11:15 PM
Jamaica Jim Jordan

Can anyone tell me the mileage from Montego Bay, Jamaica to Negril,
Jamaica. We have an argument going here.

I once checked the odometer on the bus we were riding from MoBay to Negril.
Starting at Sangster International Airport and finishing at the gate at
Hedonism II, the mileage was forty-nine miles. So, do you win the
argument??

Is Negril west or east or Montego Bay?

As others have already indicated, Negril is west of MoBay.

Old December 19th, 2003, 12:35 AM
Dave Etz

Okay, time to open it up again!

Was the mileage checked via the new road, or was this on the old, meandering
road? Its not only faster now, but a few miles shorter. When I was driving
it myself for the past few years, I always took a left at Reading, and
headed over through Anchovy and Montpelier, and then through Sav and on into
Negril, around the roundabout and out to Firefly, about a mile before Hedo.

Time is now a lot faster on the new road, and I can make it airport to
Negril in an hour without stops, but what's the fun in that! Gotta test
drive the Red Stripes and Patties, to make sure they are keeping the quality
up!

Dave

P.S.- good to hear from you again. Been a while since the old CompuServe
board. BTW- the Revival school is now in a new building, but still crowded
and needs materials. Next time you head down, make sure to bring extra
pencils and paper and crayons and stuff. Sadie is no longer the principal,
she retired, and Mrs. Campbell has taken her place. Well worth the trip.

Old January 3rd, 2004, 07:29 AM
Jamaica Jim Jordan

Dave...

Was the mileage checked via the new road, or was this on the old,

meandering road?

It was indeed prior to the road being redone

Its not only faster now, but a few miles shorter.

Okay, I'll take your word for it. Personally, I plan never to take the road
unless there's no other way! smile I much prefer the flight on TimAir --14
minutes from takeoff role to touchdown.

When I was driving it myself for the past few years, I always took a left

at Reading, and headed over through Anchovy and Montpelier, and then through
Sav and on into Negril, around the roundabout and out to Firefly, about a
mile before Hedo.

Again, you know more about that than I do, so even though it sounds like it
would be further, I'll take your word for it.

Time is now a lot faster on the new road, and I can make it airport to

Negril in an hour without stops, but what's the fun in that! Gotta test
drive the Red Stripes and Patties, to make sure they are keeping the quality
up!

Smile You do that, Dave, I'm sure folks will rely on you to keep the
quality at its highest point!

P.S.- good to hear from you again. Been a while since the old CompuServe

board.

Dave, CIS is still there -- and its NOW accessible from the internet without
having to be a member! To access the Travel Forum, use
http://go.compuserve.com/travforum -- when you get to the "Join" page, just
type in your name and a password (in order that you are added into the forum
member database) and you should be able to get in and read and post
messages, etc.

BTW- the Revival school is now in a new building, but still crowded and

needs materials. Next time you head down, make sure to bring extra pencils
and paper and crayons and stuff. Sadie is no longer the principal, she
retired, and Mrs. Campbell has taken her place. Well worth the trip.

I've only visited Revival All Age School one time -- tore my heart out to
see the conditions there. I had heard that the school had a new building
for the older students, but that the young ones were sill where we saw them.
sigh

TTYL.
--
Jamaica Jim Jordan