Most spectaculair National Parks in NSW and Qld?

Old July 9th, 2005, 07:24 PM

Default Most spectaculair National Parks in NSW and Qld?

http://uniform.messageboard.nl/10231...hp?p=1724#1724

Next month we're going Down Under!
And I just can't wait to go.

As I'm very fond of spectacular nature, I'm obviously interested in the
National Parks in Australia (particularly the ones in New South Wales
and Queensland).
What NP's do I have to see?

Thanks for your replies!

Old July 10th, 2005, 12:52 AM
Marcel

Try this one for NSW: http://bluegumdata.com.au/pictures/newsouthwales.htm
and this one for Queensland:
http://bluegumdata.com.au/pictures/queensland.htm
It should give you some idea..
Have fun,
Marcel

ups.com...

Old July 10th, 2005, 01:14 AM
David Bennetts

wrote in message
ups.com...
http://uniform.messageboard.nl/10231...hp?p=1724#1724

Next month we're going Down Under!
And I just can't wait to go.

As I'm very fond of spectacular nature, I'm obviously interested in the
National Parks in Australia (particularly the ones in New South Wales
and Queensland).
What NP's do I have to see?

Thanks for your replies!

It's very difficult to answer your question without any idea of how you'll
be travelling (car or public transport, many parks are not well served by
puiblic transport, if at all), and how long you have to enjoy the parks.
See http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/ for parks in NSW, and
http://www.atn.com.au/parks/qldparks.html
Note that in Australia, most parks are in fact not National, but run by
state governments.

Regards

David Bennetts
Australia

Old July 11th, 2005, 08:35 AM

David Bennetts,

I'll be travelling by car. I'm in Australia just for one month. Can you
make some recommendations?

Thanks!

http://www.sukotec.tk

Old July 12th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Simon Pleasants

On 9 Jul 2005 11:24:02 -0700, wrote:

http://uniform.messageboard.nl/10231...hp?p=1724#1724

Next month we're going Down Under!
And I just can't wait to go.

As I'm very fond of spectacular nature, I'm obviously interested in the
National Parks in Australia (particularly the ones in New South Wales
and Queensland).
What NP's do I have to see?

Thanks for your replies!

I don't know too much about NSW but the Blue Mountains is definitely
worth a visit. Curiously, I believe there are about four national
parks making up the Blue Mountains, only one of which is actually
called "Blue Mountains National Park", though the others are all as
good, or better, and can be visited on a single trip.

You can do a whistle stop tour of the parks in a day trip from Sydney
or you could spend a couple of nights in Katoomba and explore the
region more thoroughly. The following link should tell you a little
more about that area.

http://www.scenicworld.com.au/

In QLD it depends on what you want to see. Personally I am a huge fan
of The Daintree and Cape Trib national parks. It's also the only
place on Earth where two world heritage listed sites are found side by
side.

There are also lots of national parks in the region of the Atherton
Tablelands, inland from Cairns, and further inland still is the rather
barren and bushlike Undara Volanic National Park.

My thoughts and pictures on Undara and The Daintree / Cape Trib can be
found at my website along with appropriate links to local sites etc.
Have a look and see if anything grabs your attention.

http://www.australia.plesbit.net/indexbrief.htm

Wherever you go, I'm sure you'll have a great time there :-)
Old July 13th, 2005, 05:07 AM
Jerry Rioux

The Great Barrier Reef should be on the top of your list.

You can take a day trip or stay overnight a few place.

Heron Island was awesome! www.heronisland.com

Old July 23rd, 2005, 10:49 PM

http://uniform.messageboard.nl/10231...opic.php?t=158
For so far thanks!