A Travel and vacations forum. TravelBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » TravelBanter forum » Travel Regions » Africa
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

South Africa



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 8th, 2006, 11:40 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default South Africa

I am palning trip to Cape Town, South Africa.
I have meeting there from 3-7. December, 2005, and planing to be there
from 30.November till 12.December.
Any sugestions about what to go visit, any trip to take. It will be
group of 8-10 people, young (20-35 years) and would like to see as
much as possible.
Any advice is wellcome!
Thanks, Tony
  #2  
Old June 9th, 2006, 08:42 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default South Africa

Antun Paulin wrote:
I am palning trip to Cape Town, South Africa.
I have meeting there from 3-7. December, 2005, and planing to be there
from 30.November till 12.December.
Any sugestions about what to go visit, any trip to take. It will be
group of 8-10 people, young (20-35 years) and would like to see as
much as possible.
Any advice is wellcome!
Thanks, Tony


Hmmm...
well, first you need to get a time capsule...
:-)
Do you mean Dec 2006?

I would suggest a Garden Route tour, which is a popular tourist
attraction. Are you flying in directly to Cape Town? If you are flying
to Johannebsburg at some stage, then try to fit in a trip to Kruger
Park. Both of these are very popular.

Depending on your budget, there are various tours available that could
suit you, but it would also be possible to have a special trip arranged
for your group, which could be more financially attractive.

CM

--
== Not nuts, just a little eccentric ==
http://www.africanbush.co.za
African Bush Tours and Safaris
  #3  
Old June 10th, 2006, 01:10 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default South Africa


"pecan" wrote in message
...
Antun Paulin wrote:
I am palning trip to Cape Town, South Africa.
I have meeting there from 3-7. December, 2005, and planing to be there
from 30.November till 12.December.
Any sugestions about what to go visit, any trip to take. It will be
group of 8-10 people, young (20-35 years) and would like to see as
much as possible.
Any advice is wellcome!
Thanks, Tony


Hmmm...
well, first you need to get a time capsule...
:-)
Do you mean Dec 2006?

I would suggest a Garden Route tour, which is a popular tourist
attraction. Are you flying in directly to Cape Town? If you are flying
to Johannebsburg at some stage, then try to fit in a trip to Kruger Park.
Both of these are very popular.

Depending on your budget, there are various tours available that could
suit you, but it would also be possible to have a special trip arranged
for your group, which could be more financially attractive.

CM


Oh god, the Garden Route Tour Recommendation (tm) again. Its like everyone
is programmed to recommend that as some sort of trademark experience of
South Africa, a country with a LOT more to offer.

The Garden Route is merely a long mundane drive along the coast, with
stupendous scenery and interesting things to do one either side. But that's
the rub: the scenery and activities are OVER THERE BESIDE YOU....THAT'S
where you should be going! Not staring at them from the seat of your car!
Get off the Garden Route, rent a 4x4 and drive up into the mountains, go up
into Franschoek, drive down along the coastline and visit some towns and
museums. Drive up into the Karoo and enjoy the solitude and stars, explore
Kango Caves (especially the off-route self exploratory section), go out to
Robben Island and see the prison, go up to the Cederbergs and rent a cabin,
hike to some petroglyphs, and swim in the reservoir, etc. There are a
billion things more interesting than just driving along Tourist Highway,
being targeted by Tourist Traps and made-to-order Tourist Products.

If you go to SA and see only the Garden Route, you will be much worse off
than if you go to SA and see a dozen other things and miss the Garden Route.
That's what Lonely Planet says, and I could not agree more.

--riverman


  #4  
Old June 11th, 2006, 09:53 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default South Africa

riverman wrote:
"pecan" wrote in message
...
Antun Paulin wrote:
I am palning trip to Cape Town, South Africa.
I have meeting there from 3-7. December, 2005, and planing to be there
from 30.November till 12.December.
Any sugestions about what to go visit, any trip to take. It will be
group of 8-10 people, young (20-35 years) and would like to see as
much as possible.
Any advice is wellcome!
Thanks, Tony

Hmmm...
well, first you need to get a time capsule...
:-)
Do you mean Dec 2006?

I would suggest a Garden Route tour, which is a popular tourist
attraction. Are you flying in directly to Cape Town? If you are flying
to Johannebsburg at some stage, then try to fit in a trip to Kruger Park.
Both of these are very popular.

Depending on your budget, there are various tours available that could
suit you, but it would also be possible to have a special trip arranged
for your group, which could be more financially attractive.

CM


Oh god, the Garden Route Tour Recommendation (tm) again. Its like everyone
is programmed to recommend that as some sort of trademark experience of
South Africa, a country with a LOT more to offer.

snip

--riverman


I do believe South Africa has more to offer, and I can make a host of
recommendations. Unfortunately, with three days before his
meetin/conference, and five days after, it doesn't leave much time to do
anything in that much depth. Given the time constraints, and presumably
budget constraints (I am presuming this from the average age he
mentioned) I would still recommend spending some time in Cape Town, and
some on the Garden Route.

Of course, if they decide to spend a month here, then it would open a
whole new set of options.

Take care,

Catherine

--
== Not nuts, just a little eccentric ==
http://www.africanbush.co.za
African Bush Tours and Safaris
  #5  
Old June 12th, 2006, 08:42 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default South Africa

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 22:53:59 +0200, pecan
wrote:
Thanks both for replay.
You are right that our budget is limited.
We take to consideration borh sugestions, but our time is unfortunatly
very limited!


I do believe South Africa has more to offer, and I can make a host of
recommendations. Unfortunately, with three days before his
meetin/conference, and five days after, it doesn't leave much time to do
anything in that much depth. Given the time constraints, and presumably
budget constraints (I am presuming this from the average age he
mentioned) I would still recommend spending some time in Cape Town, and
some on the Garden Route.

Of course, if they decide to spend a month here, then it would open a
whole new set of options.

Take care,

Catherine

  #6  
Old June 12th, 2006, 04:05 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default South Africa

I'd go for a variation between Cape Town before the meeting - cape
point, table mountain, Robben Island, et cetera. and then after the
meeting head off into the mountians/garden route. Along the garden
route there are lots of backpackers and good cheap accomodation. I
like the Cederberg idea - totally awesome and also Franschoek - wine
farming could not get any better! You can even throw in a bit of
Stellenbosch, Paarl and head off to hermanus over the 5 days - bit of
the mountains and a bit of the garden route!

Have good one!

John

www.toursforafrica.net


Antun Paulin wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 22:53:59 +0200, pecan
wrote:
Thanks both for replay.
You are right that our budget is limited.
We take to consideration borh sugestions, but our time is unfortunatly
very limited!


I do believe South Africa has more to offer, and I can make a host of
recommendations. Unfortunately, with three days before his
meetin/conference, and five days after, it doesn't leave much time to do
anything in that much depth. Given the time constraints, and presumably
budget constraints (I am presuming this from the average age he
mentioned) I would still recommend spending some time in Cape Town, and
some on the Garden Route.

Of course, if they decide to spend a month here, then it would open a
whole new set of options.

Take care,

Catherine


  #7  
Old October 17th, 2014, 06:23 AM
alkbra alkbra is offline
Banned
 
First recorded activity by TravelBanter: Sep 2014
Posts: 32
Default

South Africa is a country and has three capitals: Cape Town, Pretoria, and Bloemfontein. There is a wide scope for tourist and travelers who want to explore this country for adventure. You can enjoy adventure, sports, nature and wildlife. This region is famous for its long sunny days even with the title of “Sunny South Africa”. For further information click here. According to me it is an deal country for travel what do you think guys?

Last edited by alkbra : October 17th, 2014 at 06:25 AM.
  #8  
Old October 18th, 2014, 07:53 AM
ORRELL ORRELL is offline
Banned
 
First recorded activity by TravelBanter: Sep 2014
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkbra View Post
South Africa is a country and has three capitals: Cape Town, Pretoria, and Bloemfontein. There is a wide scope for tourist and travelers who want to explore this country for adventure. You can enjoy adventure, sports, nature and wildlife. This region is famous for its long sunny days even with the title of “Sunny South Africa”. For further information click here. According to me it is an deal country for travel what do you think guys?
I completely agree with you alkbra. It is a perfect destination for adventure lovers. It is also well known all over the world for its wildlife. If you are animal lover then Kruger National Park is a best place to visit. This park offers a variety of mammal’s species.
  #9  
Old October 22nd, 2014, 08:03 AM
alkbra alkbra is offline
Banned
 
First recorded activity by TravelBanter: Sep 2014
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORRELL View Post
I completely agree with you alkbra. It is a perfect destination for adventure lovers. It is also well known all over the world for its wildlife. If you are animal lover then Kruger National Park is a best place to visit. This park offers a variety of mammal’s species.
Right ORRELL! After reading your post it seems that you have visited this park. If yes, then feel free and told me your experience of this park; moreover how did you decide to visit there? Is there anyone who suggest you this park for visiting there and which mammals did you see there during your tour?
  #10  
Old November 1st, 2014, 10:37 AM
ORRELL ORRELL is offline
Banned
 
First recorded activity by TravelBanter: Sep 2014
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkbra View Post
Right ORRELL! After reading your post it seems that you have visited this park. If yes, then feel free and told me your experience of this park; moreover how did you decide to visit there? Is there anyone who suggest you this park for visiting there and which mammals did you see there during your tour?
Yes, one of my friends suggested me to go there because he has been visited this park many years ago. I found this park really amazing and pretty. This park has a wide range impressive species of 336 trees, 49 fish, 34 amphibians, 114 reptiles, 507 birds and 147 mammals
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
some information abouth a trip to south africa Rik en Heidi Africa 5 December 1st, 2005 09:03 PM
Second question from newbie: ATM usage in South Africa Caveat Africa 26 November 30th, 2005 07:01 AM
Australia 3 Adfunk Internet Solutions Article Jehad Internet Australia & New Zealand 0 February 3rd, 2004 11:20 PM
SUTHERLAND, SOUTH AFRICA - OBSERVATORY AND PALEO SURFACE [email protected] Africa 0 November 14th, 2003 09:25 AM
South Africa Safariman Backpacking and Budget travel 0 October 2nd, 2003 03:33 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2017 TravelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.