Transport costs Chicago O'Hare to Downtown / McCormack Place, return

Old May 8th, 2006, 10:58 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Transport costs Chicago O'Hare to Downtown / McCormack Place, return

Thank you, John for an excellent suggestion. I found some hotels in that
suburb have train stations within 2 blocks. Hope to book room shortly.
ps

"John L" wrote in message
Since my original post I have found out the train indeed is much cheaper
and
convenient,,,runs around the clock. So to get to McCormick Place, I would
try and just come to one of the downtown hotels and hop on the courtesy
buses running shuttles. Reverse for return.

Try and find a hotel within walking distance of the Rosemont or
Cumberland stations, the ones just outside the airport, or you'll
spend an extra half hour each way at the airport end waiting for the
shuttle to your hotel. The only hotel you can walk to from the
airport station is the Hilton which is not cheap.

Check out http://tripsweb.rtachicago.com which will tell you how
to get from any address in Chicago to any other by public
transportation.

R's,
John

Old May 8th, 2006, 11:02 AM posted to rec.travel.air

I think O'Hare will suit better for me. I hope to fly out the LHR from
there. Thanks for your suggestion.
ps

"James Robinson" wrote in message
7.142...
"ps" wrote:

Downtown hotels are c. $400 per night for 19th to 23 rd
May,,,obviously because of some events. So it is simpler to be close
to airport for a) to check in after later arrival, and b) easy
departure.

If you have a choice, you might trying flying into Midway airport, and
stay
at one of the nearby hotels. The CTA trains will get you to McCormick
place faster than coming from O'Hare.