BA Silver exec club card holder query

Old October 1st, 2003, 01:51 AM
MC

Default BA Silver exec club card holder query

Scenario
---------

I purchase 2 economy tickets with Air Lingus (BA One World partner). One
for myself (silver member) and one for a friend (non member).

Bearing in mind it will be me who buys the tickets, could someone advise me
on the following:

As a silver member I realise I can check-in at a BA BC desk if I were flying
BA but what is the situation about checking in at the BC desk with Air
Lingus or am I not allowed. If I were to book with BA can we both check-in
at the BC desk even though one of us is not even a member.

I understand I can invite him, as my guest, into the BA BC lounge if I were
travelling with BA but what would the situation be if we are travelling Air
Lingus (One World partner). Can we use the BA lounge and if not will my
Silver membership allow the use of the Air Lingus lounge?

Thanks
MC

Old October 7th, 2003, 05:02 PM
mrtravel

Highflier wrote:
On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 23:00:57 GMT, mrtravel
wrote:

Highflier wrote:

Incorrect. BA actually has three elite tiers.

Silver, Gold and Premier.

Perhaps they don't want people to find out.
Here's the weblink
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...g/public/en_us

I'm playing devils advocate. Or what ever the phrase is.....

You can only become a Premier card holder by invitation from BA, but
it is the top card.

Do they get Emerald Status?

Old October 24th, 2003, 12:22 AM
Miss L. Toe

"Highflier" wrote in message
On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 01:51:57 +0100, "MC"
wrote:

Bearing in mind it will be me who buys the tickets, could someone advise

me
on the following:

As a silver member I realise I can check-in at a BA BC desk if I were

flying
BA but what is the situation about checking in at the BC desk with Air
Lingus or am I not allowed. If I were to book with BA can we both

check-in
at the BC desk even though one of us is not even a member.

Your BA silver card is a oneworld sapphire tier card. As a result you
get the same benefits with any oneworld carrier as you do with BA. So
you can check in at the BC desk and are allowed one guest into the
lounge.

Does that work the other way around too ?
So with AA Gold (One-world Ruby) which allows BC desk checkin at AA, can you
use BC checkin with BA ?

Old October 24th, 2003, 12:41 AM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
"Miss L. Toe" wrote:

Does that work the other way around too ?
So with AA Gold (One-world Ruby) which allows BC desk checkin at AA, can you
use BC checkin with BA ?

yes. Theoratically. But because OW Ruby isn't a BA tier, manye BA
staff have no idea what it is (ignorant) and fob you off to join the
masses.
Old October 24th, 2003, 12:50 AM
mrtravel

Miss L. Toe wrote:

Does that work the other way around too ?
So with AA Gold (One-world Ruby) which allows BC desk checkin at AA, can you
use BC checkin with BA ?

I have used the BA desks appropriate to OW level for both Ruby and Saphire.

Old October 24th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Jason

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 00:22:15 +0100, "Miss L. Toe"
wrote:

Does that work the other way around too ?
So with AA Gold (One-world Ruby) which allows BC desk checkin at AA, can you
use BC checkin with BA ?

See http://www.oneworld.com/satellite/sa...fm?teamcode=aa
and select "Gold" -

"AAdvantage Gold is equivalent to oneworld Ruby
AAdvantage Gold members will be entitled to the following benefits
across the oneworld network:
- Priority check-in at Business Class check-in desks (where
available), regardless of the class of service
- Preferred seating
- Priority standby and waitlisting"

Note the phrase "across the oneworld network".

Cheers,

Jason.
Old October 25th, 2003, 12:05 AM
Miss L. Toe

wrote:

Does that work the other way around too ?
So with AA Gold (One-world Ruby) which allows BC desk checkin at AA, can

you
use BC checkin with BA ?

See http://www.oneworld.com/satellite/sa...fm?teamcode=aa
and select "Gold" -

"AAdvantage Gold is equivalent to oneworld Ruby
AAdvantage Gold members will be entitled to the following benefits
across the oneworld network:
- Priority check-in at Business Class check-in desks (where
available), regardless of the class of service
- Preferred seating

I prefer the seats up front :-)

Old October 29th, 2003, 07:26 AM
ramraideruk

wrote:

[...]

One thing I found. I have oneworld sapphire status and you don't get
priority baggage handling with AA, in economy. I have with BA and Qantas

Old October 29th, 2003, 04:15 PM
Jason

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 07:26:17 -0000, "ramraideruk"
wrote:

One thing I found. I have oneworld sapphire status and you don't get
priority baggage handling with AA, in economy. I have with BA and Qantas

I didn't think P/B was a benefit of Sapphire. Maybe you were lucky
with BA and QF?

Cheers,

Jason.