Check in with Ryanair for return flight

Old September 24th, 2007, 09:33 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Ley

Default Check in with Ryanair for return flight

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 23:22:21 +0100, Makhno wrote:

Jim Ley wrote:
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 21:47:09 +0100, Makhno wrote:

so you can't check in online for the return.
do you know why Ryanair have the 2-day online check-in policy?

Because of the number of no-shows, it's worse if they're already
checked-in no-shows than if they're not.

The original post however dealt with the return flight. I imagine the
number of people who board the out-going flight but no-show the incoming
flight is quite low.

I no-show more return flights than outgoing (although I don't fly
RyanAir much these days, and with the airline I do normally fly making
always changeable tickets, I tend to actually change nowadays)... but
I'm not sure I'd agree with the conclusion.

Jim.
Old September 24th, 2007, 10:51 AM posted to rec.travel.air
tim.....

wrote in message
oups.com...
On 23 Sep, 21:47, Makhno wrote:
so you can't check in online for the return.

do you know why Ryanair have the 2-day online check-in policy?

Because they will cancel your return flight and there wont be another
flight for 4 days...and they won't do this until closer to departure
time (when they know that nobody is buying any tickets).

Nothing happens to your ticket if you don't check in online,
except that you lose the priority boarding status that checking
in online would have given you..

Well, just a thought. But 2 days is actually long compared to many
airlines.

I agree.

tim

Old September 24th, 2007, 10:54 AM posted to rec.travel.air
tim.....

"Makhno" wrote in message
Well, just a thought. But 2 days is actually long compared to many
airlines.

It's just that Ryanair made a big show about how much people who check-in
at the airport are holding things up and costing them money,

Ryanair's marketing department just spout stupidity.
They have a price structure which they say is designed
to encourage people not to check bags, but the reality is
that over 50% have no choice but to check bags.

tim

Old September 24th, 2007, 10:56 AM posted to rec.travel.air
tim.....

Jim Ley wrote:
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 21:47:09 +0100, Makhno wrote:

so you can't check in online for the return.
do you know why Ryanair have the 2-day online check-in policy?

Because of the number of no-shows, it's worse if they're already
checked-in no-shows than if they're not.

The original post however dealt with the return flight. I imagine the
number of people who board the out-going flight but no-show the incoming
flight is quite low.

I no-show more return flights than outgoing (although I don't fly
RyanAir much these days, and with the airline I do normally fly making
always changeable tickets, I tend to actually change nowadays)... but
I'm not sure I'd agree with the conclusion.

That isn't a no show in Ryanair terminology, it's a
changed return flight.

A return no show would be someone flying out and
not flying back with the original ticket, at all.

tim

Old September 24th, 2007, 01:04 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Ley

Jim Ley wrote:
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 21:47:09 +0100, Makhno wrote:

so you can't check in online for the return.
do you know why Ryanair have the 2-day online check-in policy?

Because of the number of no-shows, it's worse if they're already
checked-in no-shows than if they're not.

The original post however dealt with the return flight. I imagine the
number of people who board the out-going flight but no-show the incoming
flight is quite low.

I no-show more return flights than outgoing (although I don't fly
RyanAir much these days, and with the airline I do normally fly making
always changeable tickets, I tend to actually change nowadays)... but
I'm not sure I'd agree with the conclusion.

That isn't a no show in Ryanair terminology, it's a
changed return flight.

Or on any other airlines - I was just saying my incidences of no-show
are much reduced now the financial penalties of changing are less.

A return no show would be someone flying out and
not flying back with the original ticket, at all.

Which is what I regularly have done on Ryanair, it's rarely economic
to change RyanAir flights - I don't fly RyanAir much any more though,
they don't fly from my favourite airport LHR.

Jim.
Old September 24th, 2007, 01:27 PM posted to rec.travel.air
tim.....

wrote:

A return no show would be someone flying out and
not flying back with the original ticket, at all.

Which is what I regularly have done on Ryanair, it's rarely economic
to change RyanAir flights - I don't fly RyanAir much any more though,
they don't fly from my favourite airport LHR.

You must fly different routes (or times) to me.

I gave up on LHR after getting fed up being 'stacked' for
up to an hour each flight.

tim

Old September 24th, 2007, 07:34 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

wrote:

A return no show would be someone flying out and
not flying back with the original ticket, at all.

Which is what I regularly have done on Ryanair, it's rarely economic
to change RyanAir flights - I don't fly RyanAir much any more though,
they don't fly from my favourite airport LHR.

You must fly different routes (or times) to me.

I gave up on LHR after getting fed up being 'stacked' for
up to an hour each flight.

LHR is only worth it if you happen to live near to it and you can get
a direct flight. Even then, they will still probably lose your bag.

Smaller airports can also be congested - after the school hols they
can be packed with people on 1p Ryanair flights plus the charter
flights. I heard one airport is now charging people to use a shorter
security queue.

tim

Old September 25th, 2007, 12:40 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On Sep 24, 7:34 pm, wrote:

Smaller airports can also be congested - after the school hols they
can be packed with people on 1pRyanairflights plus the charter
flights. I heard one airport is now charging people to use a shorter
security queue.

That would be Liverpool Airport which charges £2 to use an express
queue.

Old October 3rd, 2007, 12:16 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Qanset

Makhno wrote:
You find an internet cafe.

That's crap. I'm not spending half my holiday looking for an internet cafe.

Ask at the Hotel/Hostel you r staying at. I'm sure they would know the
location of the nearest Internet Cafe. DOnt use them for Internet Banking.

Might interest you to know that Computer keyboards are slightly
different to what were used to in Aus/NZ/UK.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 12:28 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Rog'

"Qanset" wrote:
Makhno wrote:
You find an internet cafe.

That's crap. I'm not spending half my holiday looking for an internet
cafe

Ask at the Hotel/Hostel you're staying at...

Some "better" hotels have business centers w-internet access, but if not
I've not had trouble finding internet cafes. My hotel in Venice directed
me to one short walk away when I needed to reprint a travel voucher.
In London, I used an internet cafe across from Victoria Station to
check-in for a flight on Virgin Atlantic. When using "public" computers,
I never sign onto any financial accounts. =R=