Emrites airlines website is utterly dog ****...

Old September 23rd, 2007, 09:57 PM posted to rec.travel.air
the_niner_nation

Default Emrites airlines website is utterly dog ****...

I booked a flight to Nairobi flying out from Birmingham UK ( see...thats
how *desperate* I am to avoid Heathrow) and due to fly this week. However,
Emirates ' manage your booking' refuses to accept my online booking ref
number, and get this..

their website has ABSLOUTLEY NO ****ING MENTION WHATSOEVER for a customer
services telephone number. Eventually , I managed to get a number in Dubai
( a long distance call as I live in England), and some arsehole who works
for their customer services said ' try again tomorrow, maybe web site is
fixed'...I said the web site dosnt appear to be ' broken'...

On asking him how the hell I can get a number for emirates customer sevices
in the UK, he just replied' it's ok, you don't need customer services, try
tomorrow' and put the ****ing phone down!!!!

Now..having never flown with Emirates before, i was lead to believe that it
was an award winning carrier. what sort of ****ing awards did it win? does
it pride it's self on having Borat as it's customer services operative????

Old September 23rd, 2007, 10:18 PM posted to rec.travel.air
zonedout

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 21:57:18 +0100 'the_niner_nation'
posted stuff on rec.travel.air:

[...]

Having problems with Emirates online bookings:
http://www.emirates.com/uk/Terms/terms.asp#21

I have flown with Emirates: LHR Dubai Bangkok return.
They are a good airline but IMVHO not much better than many others
and their prices are none too cheap either. Maybe it depends.

Also bear in mind that Emirates is quite popular with folks from the
Indian sub-continent who live in the UK or visit the UK because it
has a very large route network in that region.
Old September 24th, 2007, 02:11 PM posted to rec.travel.air
RAK

"the_niner_nation" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Why not use a travel agent? In my experience they can give fares as good as
those on the Emirates website.
Sometimes thay offer fares and options you cannot find online (not sure if
that applies with Emirates).

And Emirates phone numbers are on their website. It too me about 20 secsonds
to find them.
Look under Traveller Information / Plan you travel / Emirates Offices. So
the bad language seems unjustified
The number listed for the London office is 0844-800 2777

Old September 25th, 2007, 08:49 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Marcus Fox

"RAK" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

If you have a free calls to geographic numbers package, the number is 0207
8080033. If can't get through on that, can always ring them at Heathrow 0208
7593303.

Marcus

Old October 3rd, 2007, 12:19 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Qanset

the_niner_nation wrote:
[...]

Looks like I wont be flying Emirates. If the cstmr service is that bad,
I'd hate to think how the rest of the Airline functions.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 12:50 AM posted to rec.travel.air
RAK

"Qanset" wrote in message
u...
the_niner_nation wrote:
[...]

Take a look at other replies. It took me under a minute to find Emirates'
phone numbers on their web site.
I and others gave OP the phone numbers, but he has not responded.
Maybe the problem is the OP not the airline. If he spoke to them the way he
writes I am not surprised if they put the phone down.

I have used Emirates quite a few times in the last 10+ years (maybe once or
more per year average, long haul UK-Jakarta and local in SE Asia) and found
them very good in general. I would use them more but the transfer in Dubai
adds a few boring hours to my flight time.

Old October 3rd, 2007, 11:54 PM posted to rec.travel.air
zonedout

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 00:50:35 +0100 'RAK'
posted stuff on rec.travel.air:

I have used Emirates quite a few times in the last 10+ years (maybe once or
more per year average, long haul UK-Jakarta and local in SE Asia) and found
them very good in general. I would use them more but the transfer in Dubai
adds a few boring hours to my flight time.

But plenty of time for cheap-cheap duty free shopping ;-)

I bought a Canon camera there last year and saved 40% on UK price.
Old October 4th, 2007, 12:05 PM posted to rec.travel.air
RAK

"zonedout" wrote in message

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 00:50:35 +0100 'RAK'
posted stuff on rec.travel.air:

I have used Emirates quite a few times in the last 10+ years (maybe once
or
more per year average, long haul UK-Jakarta and local in SE Asia) and
found
them very good in general. I would use them more but the transfer in Dubai
adds a few boring hours to my flight time.

But plenty of time for cheap-cheap duty free shopping ;-)

I bought a Canon camera there last year and saved 40% on UK price.

I transit more often through Singapore and have found prices and choice
better there.
But I have not looked at the Dubai DF for a few years, maybe it is the
better option these days.
Has anyone compared prices etc between S'pore and Dubai recently?

Old October 4th, 2007, 08:52 PM posted to rec.travel.air
NigelB

On Sep 23, 10:57 pm, "the_niner_nation"
wrote:
[...]

I have flown on Emirates a couple of times and I have found them
pretty good. they are not as amazing as Singapore Airlines (by the
way, try booking a ticket on their website, you will be frustated)
though. From South Africa, they are often the cheapest option, and I
have had zero problems booking on their website

Old October 5th, 2007, 08:59 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_3_]

NigelB wrote:

I have flown on Emirates a couple of times and I have found them
pretty good. they are not as amazing as Singapore Airlines (by the
way, try booking a ticket on their website, you will be frustated)
though. From South Africa, they are often the cheapest option, and I
have had zero problems booking on their website

They are not a bad airline, and it took an extremely short time for me
to locate the UK phone number on the website. I don't believe the OP has
acknowledged the posting of this info for him.