Which airlines fly between London (UK) and Singapore?

Old November 6th, 2003, 04:20 AM
simonc

Default Which airlines fly between London (UK) and Singapore?

How do I find out which airlines fly between London (LHR etc.) and
Singapore?

My travel dates are - leave London around Dec 28, 2003 - leave Singapore
around Jan 8, 2004.

Also, can anbody suggest good places to book these flights (some only book
when originating from the USA.)

Thanks in advance,

Simon.

Old November 6th, 2003, 04:50 AM
Steve

SQ, Singapore Air
VS, Virgin
BA, British Airways
QF, Qantas

.. .

Old November 6th, 2003, 06:41 AM
Dick Locke

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 04:20:23 GMT, "simonc" wrote:

How do I find out which airlines fly between London (LHR etc.) and
Singapore?

My travel dates are - leave London around Dec 28, 2003 - leave Singapore
around Jan 8, 2004.

Also, can anbody suggest good places to book these flights (some only book
when originating from the USA.)

Thanks in advance,

www.itasoftware.com
Simon.

Old November 6th, 2003, 02:04 PM
Traveller

"simonc" wrote in message
.. .
How do I find out which airlines fly between London (LHR etc.) and
Singapore?

My travel dates are - leave London around Dec 28, 2003 - leave Singapore
around Jan 8, 2004.

Depends: do you want a direct flight or indirect? Direct you have: BA, VS,
SQ and QF. Indirect, you have a huge choice: KL, AF, LX, LH......

You'll also usually find that indirects are cheaper.

In terms of places to book, start with www.expedia.com, www.travelocity.com
and so on....

Old November 6th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Philip George

Go to the http://www.baa.co.uk website. They provide full departure/arrival
schedules for all the major UK airports.

Old November 6th, 2003, 03:04 PM
hvpl

Dear Simon,

You should ask which major airlines DO NOT fly to Singapore! Then, if not
Singapore they would fly to the neigbouring airports of Kuala Lumpur &
Bangkok for a connection to Singapore under sharing agreements.

Airlines are 'graded' into several tiers. The lower tier airlines would
offer cheaper fares but perhaps longer flight times & odd hours & days. Many
airlines now allow online bookings direct from their websites. You'll need
to search for promotions from individual airlines' websites. Since many are
still acting to re-capture the market after the SARS outbreak, now is the
best time to search diligently for the best & most suitable connection for
yourself.

Lower tier airlines include Emirates, Jordanian Airlines, Air India, Air
Lanka, Pakistan Airlines, Garuda, Aeroflot plus the budget, no-frills
airlines.

Happy searching.

.. .

Old November 6th, 2003, 03:52 PM
James Robinson

hvpl wrote:

Lower tier airlines include Emirates, Jordanian Airlines, Air India, Air
Lanka, Pakistan Airlines, Garuda, Aeroflot plus the budget, no-frills
airlines.

Interesting list. Emirates is perhaps the best airline in the world,
and has been voted as such in a number of recent polls. I have flow on
Royal Jordanian, and consider them to be generally above average.
Aeroflot is constantly improving, and is striving to match the best of
the western airlines, with new equipment and a decidedly improved
on-board service, so shouldn't be dismissed as a "lower tier" airline.
Old November 6th, 2003, 05:48 PM
Sjoerd

"hvpl" schreef in bericht
Since many are
still acting to re-capture the market after the SARS outbreak, now is the
best time to search diligently for the best & most suitable connection for
yourself.

Market between Europe and SE Asia and E Asia is fully normal again. We have
had problems recently to find available seats in business class between
Amsterdam and Bangkok, Hanoi and Hong Kong.

Sjoerd

Old November 6th, 2003, 06:25 PM
Miguel Cruz

hvpl wrote:
Lower tier airlines include Emirates

I must say that's a strange grading system.

miguel
--
See the world from your web browser: http://travel.u.nu/
Old November 6th, 2003, 07:54 PM
Graham Harrison

Non stops offered by BA, QF and SQ (I don't believe VS except maybe as a
code share)
As others have said indirects are probably cheaper and the list is endless.
AF, KL, LX, AZ, LH, OA, AI, PK, TG, MH, CX and a bunch of airlines from the
southern bits of Russia that I can't remember the names of!

Try
www.trailfinders.co.uk
www.opodo.co.uk
www.airline-network.co.uk

and talk to your local travel agent - if it's a UK based independent ask
them about "travel 2/travel 4".

--
*****
*****The "return to" address embedded in this mail is wrong as an antispam