Thailand Elite Card value (?)

Old November 19th, 2003, 12:28 PM
Vagabond

Default Thailand Elite Card value (?)

The million Baht "Elite Card" program had a big ad in the newspapers
yesterday seeking staff. So it is going ahead although I don't see any
mention anymore of how they would sell a million cards, thereby making a
billion Baht for the country. The card costs 25 000 US dollars for
lifetime membership.

They have a website up, and I have noticed a few things:

1. You can't skip the dancing logo introduction.

2. Holders of the card can supposedly get a one-year visa.

3. Holders of the card can supposedly buy 10 rai plot of land, if/when
the Parliament changes the law, to build a "resident" on, but the
"resident" must cost at least 20 million B. Until Parliament changes the
law the Elite Card Company owns the land.

4. 5-star hotels will pick you up at the airport (which they do anyway
even if you don't have the card).

5. A VIP spa, a "clubhouse" and an airport lounge will be ready in 2005,
or so they promise.

6. Various tourist companies (hotels, shopping malls, restaurants,
transport businesses) are listed as participants but there are no
details of what if any benefits or discounts card holders will get, only
generalities.

7. Destinations such as Pattaya, Phuket and Chiang Mai are listed, but
again only with generalities.

8. This Super VIP Elite website makes English spelling errors that even
a Norwegian can spot.

Sounds promising? I think not. But see for yourself at
http://www.thailandelite.com

Vagabond
Old November 19th, 2003, 12:46 PM
pickle

Sounds promising? I think not. But see for yourself at
http://www.thailandelite.com

Vagabond

Say Hey!!

Not interested - I'm hauling bananas for Vietnam soon.

Old November 19th, 2003, 01:56 PM
pickle

"pickle" wrote in message

Sounds promising? I think not. But see for yourself at
http://www.thailandelite.com

Vagabond

Say Hey!!

Not interested - I'm hauling bananas for Vietnam soon.

Say Hey !!

BTW Steve Kramer is expected to be sporting one of those one million baht
Thigh-land Elite Cards around his neck while he makes his snapper rounds up
and down Loh Kroh (red light district) here in Chiang Mai. Understand he
will be putting a few Thais to work with the sandwich board signs, "YOU
FLICK IT WE'LL CLICK IT at the Beaver 'N Moon Studio". Stevie also does some
under cover moon shots - if ya know what I mean - *wink - wink*

Old November 19th, 2003, 07:17 PM
FritzMagnum

Vagabond wrote in message ...
The million Baht "Elite Card" program had a big ad in the newspapers
yesterday seeking staff. So it is going ahead although I don't see any
5. A VIP spa, a "clubhouse" and an airport lounge will be ready in 2005,
or so they promise.

6. Various tourist companies (hotels, shopping malls, restaurants,
transport businesses) are listed as participants but there are no
details of what if any benefits or discounts card holders will get, only
generalities.

I don't see this card as working in Thailand because everything is so
focused on cash in hand. As a member you're supposed to get free
services like hotels, massage, spa, clubhouse. With no cash you just
show up looking stupid asking for free services. I can see the face
of the Thai person looking at this Elite card, asked to provide some
service free, they will not do it or push you to the back of the line
to be treated like a freeloader in my opinion.

-FritzMagnum