What is happening in this group

Old June 20th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Han

Default What is happening in this group

I have been in this group for some months.

What in the world happened here? I mean all the trash made by Nomen
Nescio. Is there no law to stop the offending expression against
mrtravel everyday? Even striking is that he posts the trash without
anybody's protest. I can't believe one spiteful person can totally ruin
a community.

Earlier in a group, there is someone like Nomen. We all call him
'stinky bottom'. He disappeared some time later. However the stinky
should be real gentleman compared with Nomen.

Hey, Nomen, please stop before everybody takes action against you.

Old June 20th, 2005, 08:25 PM
mrtravel

Han wrote:
I have been in this group for some months.

What in the world happened here? I mean all the trash made by Nomen
Nescio. Is there no law to stop the offending expression against
mrtravel everyday? Even striking is that he posts the trash without
anybody's protest.

Han, anyone that protest against him is also subject to harassment.
Nomen/Userbeam/whatever doesn't seem to think he is doing anything
wrong, he says, but then he hides behind an anonymous remailer. He has
no evidence to back up his claims, but there are some people that will
believe anything if they hear it often enough, even from someone who
appears to be mentally unstable.

You made an interesting statement about people not protesting, but you
indicated you have been here for months, and this is the first I have
noticed from you. Generally, as long as they are the ones being
harassed, people don't care. There are laws against what he is doing,
however, enforcement is a problem. I have filed reports with various law
enforcement agencies, but I doubt any real effort in finding him has
taken place.

People have recommended that I not respond to him. I have tried that for
months at a time, and he still kept responding to my on topic posts. The
only way for him to stop posting such trash would be if I stopped
posting to Usenet.
Old June 20th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Postman's Holiday

What sort of action do you think we're able to take?
There isn't a headmaster to report anyone to. Learn how
to use a killfile.

On the message which you find offensive or abusive, click on the [Show
Options] lable located to the right of the author's name.

On this options menu select [Report Abuse]
Login in to google groups if you don not see this option.

The new web page will have the thread and post information filled in.
In the comments box enter why you believe the post to be inappropriate
or abusive. (Being in disagreement with the opinions of the author
does not count as a reason.) Be specific as possible but also try to
keep your comments brief.

Old June 20th, 2005, 09:18 PM
mrtravel

Postman's Holiday wrote:
What sort of action do you think we're able to take?
There isn't a headmaster to report anyone to. Learn how
to use a killfile.

On the message which you find offensive or abusive, click on the [Show
Options] lable located to the right of the author's name.

On this options menu select [Report Abuse]
Login in to google groups if you don not see this option.

The new web page will have the thread and post information filled in.
In the comments box enter why you believe the post to be inappropriate
or abusive. (Being in disagreement with the opinions of the author
does not count as a reason.) Be specific as possible but also try to
keep your comments brief.

And what effect will this have on someone would isn't posting via Google
Groups.
Old June 20th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Dennis G. Rears

wrote in message
On 20 Jun 2005 11:59:17 -0700, "Han" wrote:

I have been in this group for some months.

What in the world happened here? I mean all the trash made by Nomen
Nescio. Is there no law to stop the offending expression against
mrtravel everyday? Even striking is that he posts the trash without
anybody's protest. I can't believe one spiteful person can totally ruin
a community.

Earlier in a group, there is someone like Nomen. We all call him
'stinky bottom'. He disappeared some time later. However the stinky
should be real gentleman compared with Nomen.

Hey, Nomen, please stop before everybody takes action against you.

What sort of action do you think we're able to take? There isn't a
headmaster to report anyone to. Learn how to use a killfile.

We could also up a moderated group. That way we could get all the politcal
crap out of this newsgroup.

dennis

Old June 20th, 2005, 09:31 PM
mrtravel

Hatunen wrote:

As far as I know there is no law against what he is doing so I
doubt that it is a criminal mattter of interest to the police,
who will politely take your info and spend their resources on
real crime.

I was told he could be charged under California penal code 646.9
Do you think that accusing someone of being a pedophile and posting
their address immediately following is a risk to their safety?
Old June 20th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Hatunen

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:25:18 GMT, mrtravel
wrote:

Han wrote:
[...]

This is largely a civil matter unless you are literally
threatened with bodily harm, and your recourse would be a
defamation lawsuit. Might not be worth the trouble, though.

People have recommended that I not respond to him. I have tried that for
months at a time, and he still kept responding to my on topic posts. The
only way for him to stop posting such trash would be if I stopped
posting to Usenet.

You could a t least killfile him.

Old June 20th, 2005, 10:48 PM
mrtravel

Hatunen wrote:

I was called that once, but the namecaller was in Canada, making
a suit difficult but not impossible; he was sued by The Amazing
Randi.

To sue, you must first find out who he is.
Old June 20th, 2005, 11:32 PM
Alan S

wrote:

You made an interesting statement about people not protesting,

Protest is what these morons seek - anything to show that
they got someone's attention.

Get a newsreader that enables killfiling. Then use it.

And please, never post a comment on one of these twits
without snipping the post you're responding to.

Alan, Australia
Old June 20th, 2005, 11:34 PM
Alan S

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 20:31:36 GMT, mrtravel
wrote:

Hatunen wrote:

As far as I know there is no law against what he is doing so I
doubt that it is a criminal mattter of interest to the police,
who will politely take your info and spend their resources on
real crime.

I was told he could be charged under California penal code 646.9
Do you think that accusing someone of being a pedophile and posting
their address immediately following is a risk to their safety?

Well, that may work if the offender is in california, if you
can track them down, if they aren't minors, if....

If it's worth the hassle.

Use killfiles.

Cheers, Alan, Australia