What is happening in this group

Old June 20th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Alan S

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 20:23:23 GMT, "Dennis G. Rears"
wrote:

We could also up a moderated group. That way we could get all the politcal
crap out of this newsgroup.

dennis

I spend some time daily in moderated medical groups. I learn
much, much, more in the unmoderated free-for-all of usenet
where nothing is said without being challenged.

The censorship of moderation too often stifles debate.

I use killfiles and "next message" for my own personal form
of moderation.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
Old June 20th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Hatunen

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 20:31:36 GMT, mrtravel
wrote:

Hatunen wrote:

As far as I know there is no law against what he is doing so I
doubt that it is a criminal mattter of interest to the police,
who will politely take your info and spend their resources on
real crime.

I was told he could be charged under California penal code 646.9
Do you think that accusing someone of being a pedophile and posting
their address immediately following is a risk to their safety?

I was called that once, but the namecaller was in Canada, making
a suit difficult but not impossible; he was sued by The Amazing
Randi.

Unless he's in California, the local authorities won't be ablle
to do much.

Old June 21st, 2005, 01:05 AM
Hatunen

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:48:50 GMT, mrtravel
wrote:

Hatunen wrote:

I was called that once, but the namecaller was in Canada, making
a suit difficult but not impossible; he was sued by The Amazing
Randi.

To sue, you must first find out who he is.

Suing costs money, and hiring someone who can find out who he is
is one of those costs.

Old June 21st, 2005, 01:29 AM
-L.

Han wrote:
I have been in this group for some months.

What in the world happened here? I mean all the trash made by Nomen
Nescio. Is there no law to stop the offending expression against
mrtravel everyday? Even striking is that he posts the trash without
anybody's protest. I can't believe one spiteful person can totally ruin
a community.

They can. It happend to rec.pets.cats.health+behav. One asshole is
all it took.

Earlier in a group, there is someone like Nomen. We all call him
'stinky bottom'. He disappeared some time later. However the stinky
should be real gentleman compared with Nomen.

Hey, Nomen, please stop before everybody takes action against you.

The best way to deal with these types is to not reply to them. No one.
Once they talk to the wall for awhile, they get bored and leave.

-L.

Old June 21st, 2005, 03:54 AM
Hatunen

On 20 Jun 2005 17:29:03 -0700, "-L."
wrote:

Han wrote:
I have been in this group for some months.

What in the world happened here? I mean all the trash made by Nomen
Nescio. Is there no law to stop the offending expression against
mrtravel everyday? Even striking is that he posts the trash without
anybody's protest. I can't believe one spiteful person can totally ruin
a community.

They can. It happend to rec.pets.cats.health+behav. One asshole is
all it took.

Earlier in a group, there is someone like Nomen. We all call him
'stinky bottom'. He disappeared some time later. However the stinky
should be real gentleman compared with Nomen.

Hey, Nomen, please stop before everybody takes action against you.

The best way to deal with these types is to not reply to them. No one.
Once they talk to the wall for awhile, they get bored and leave.

I killfiled the guy so I never see the posts anymore.

Old June 21st, 2005, 08:04 AM
Gregory Morrow

Han wrote:

I have been in this group for some months.

^^^^^^^^^^

*some months*...!!!???

Lol...honey you should have been around this froup c. 1998 - 2000 or so...

We had Ellen, Steve Kropla, Sheryl, Pingaboy, Miss Jason Mayfield, Craig
Welch, Maryanne Kehoe, and LOTS of other loons, floons, and bafoons skulking
about...this place was a *real* nuthouse...

JF Mezei aka "nobody" and Michael Voight aka "Mr. Travel" are two old -
timers still left (and they are both so lame they should both shoot
themselves), but this froup is a PALE imitation of it's former self...

Most of you pussies posting here today would not have lasted a single *day*
back then, you wouldn't have been able to stand the heat.

or any other random date, you will CRINGE at what you read...

Let's put it this way: this froup bores the f*ck out of me anymore, it's a
bore and a drag...

For the benefit of you noobies here is a Google post from a few years ago
that pretty well summarizes what went on back in "the day" (this post is
archived on Google, I am NOT responsible for what is archived on Google or
the the language that is used on archived Google posts...I am simply
re -posting the post, I am NOT responsible for the content):

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/....air/browse_th
read/thread/68528bb385b9eaf9/61c43545c132ac38?q=group:rec.tr
avel.air+insubject:2001+insubject:awards&rnum=2&hl =e
n#61c43545c132ac38

or:

http://tinyurl.com/cdvyr

rec.travel.air It's...The 2001 RTA Awards!

The RTA Academy Dec 30 2001, 11:56 pm

Newsgroups: rec.travel.air, alt.disasters.aviation, alt.travel.uk.air,
aus.aviation
From: The RTA Academy
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 05:56:09 +0100

Subject: It's...The 2001 RTA Awards!

From

******** H O L L Y W O O D ********

(well, actually, from the baggage claim lower level Terminal 6 at LAX)

IT ' S

THE 2 0 0 1 RTA ACADEMY AWARDS !!!!!

*applause* *applause* *applause*

Thank you, thank you! And welcome to the 75th Annual RTA Academy Awards!

The theme of this year's show is: "TERRORISM SAVED RTA"

Well this was the year that rec.travel.air was going to break it's previous
record of irrelevance and inconsequentiality. For much of 2001 RTA found
itself drowning in a morass of the usual bile, venom, and vitriol that
characterize it. It was the same old stale venue of combats among the same
crowd of tired, old, boresome, drudging participants. A never-ending
battle of petty personal politics, narrow-mindedness, bigotry, and
exclusion. A veritable swamp of intellectual feces and putrefaction. A
vast ocean of raw sewage composed of the misfits, crazies, and loons that
have always been the core of rec.travel.air regulars. Well, you get the
picture. It was against this backdrop that the year 2001 unfolded.

To give an idea of what new intellectual lows were hit this year on RTA,
the year's longest thread was the one innocently started by some UK idiot
who goes by the handle "Retired" who posted in disbelief asking if it was
true that Americans only get two weeks of vacation per year. The thread,
"2 weeks holidays intitlement in the US versus 5 weeks in Europe?" [sic],
went on to become the longest running thread in rec.travel.air. At last
count, it had over 1,000 messages, in true RTA style, where legitimate
questions about air travel often go ignored or get one or two responses at
most, but a totally irrelevant question by some brain-dead moron turns into
an infinite discussion which drags out every insect from under the rocks.

RTA is and has always been the meeting ground for a huge number of
politically correct, self-important jackasses. Many of these twits are
highly feminized, Oprahized men, mostly from the US, but also quite a large
number from Canada, Australia, the UK, and Europe. These "sensitive" men,
together with the disconnected Ivory Tower types from academic institutions
and some very butch women (hey somebody's got to counterbalance the
effeminate men!) make up RTA's core group. Therefore it's not surprising
when most threads turn into a battle of wits between those perceived as
uncouth and the "in" crowd described above. The result, needless to say,
is not pretty. Highly reminiscent of your typical American talk show.
Most revolting, to say the least. Jerry Springer vs. the black transsexual
ho's from the inner city.

Well, it was in this highly putrid environment, which any normal human
being would find intolerable in the extreme, that a breath of fresh air
blew through as the events of 9-11 unfolded. In one short morning
everything changed. All of a sudden rec.travel.air found itself inundated
with new participants, new discussions heretofore never imagined, and new
life. At least for the few months that followed the same old tired
politically correct participants were partially drowned out by the
exuberant cries of "kill the ragheads", "deport the camel f*ckers", "down
with the sand ******s". What a difference a few terrorists make.

Nevertheless, things eventually quieted down and the same regular idiots
went on to make spectacles of themselves this year as in years past, and
it's time to honor those who have once again brought shame and ill-repute
to themselves and this merry little whorehouse we all know as
rec.travel.air.

This year, like all others, one poster really stood out from the rest.
Mostly because of his excessive masturbation, done in public in front of
anyone who will watch, this person really knows how to have fun. A little
boy inside the body of an adult man, our friend still lives at home with
"Maman" in Quebec, and bless her soul, she has the unenviable job of
cleaning his cum-soaked sheets every morning. He is our most prolific
poster by a wide margin. The bull**** and nonsense just roll right off his
fingertips, along with innumerable typos and unintelligible words. For the
umpteenth year in a row, this year's ****** OF THE YEAR award goes to:

Jean-Francois Mezei

No surprise there.

And once again this year, we honor another one of our RTA luminaries, a
real star among stars. She is not only famous in our little neck of the
woods, she is also quite (in)famous all over Usenet. Her penchant for
****ing off people is legendary. Her talent for posting inanities and
non-sequiturs is world-famous. Her sucking up to the rich and powerful (or
just the popular regulars of any newsgroup) is disgusting. Her constant
self-aggrandizing, overstating of the facts, and name-dropping raise the
blood pressure of even the anemics. She buys pageant titles and slum
shanties like most people buy toilet paper. She gets under the skin of
Usenet, ladies and gentlemen put your hands together for recipient of this
year's

I'M A TOTALLY CLUELESS LOAF-HEADED OVERWEIGHT DYKE WHO PURCHASES OBSCURE
PAGEANT TITLES AND I'M HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE ****ING EVERYONE OFF
AWARD:

Ms. Maryanne Kehoe

Ms. Kehoe's acceptance speech can be read he

http://members.aol.com/binkybu*nbun/loaf1.gif

Her joyous self can be gazed upon he

http://members.aol.com/binkybu*nbun/loaf3.jpg

And here she posed when she won Ms. Photogenic:

http://members.aol.com/binkybu*nbun/loaf4.jpg

Truly something...

And speaking of ******s and clueless people who like to **** others off,
our next award goes to someone who, although not a regular RTA poster in
the past, decided to join us full-time this year. After driving people to
insanity in other travel groups, and just generally ****ing everyone off in
his wake, he was dismissed as a troll in every other group on Usenet and
had nowhere left to go but rec.travel.air. Well, isn't this after all
where Usenet rejects come to die? Put your hands together ladies and
gentlemen for the recipient of 2001's RTA TROLL OF THE YEAR:

Miguel Cruz

Miguel is some sort of a mutt, a strange combination of
Hispanic/Dutch/Black/Rastafari*an smelly backpacker who likes to drop out
and go explore the world's backwaters. Unfortunately, when he decides to
drop back in, it's usually to RTA, driving people mad with his deadpan
cynical style and masked trolls. Miguel is also the winner of our POSTER
WHO EVERYONE WOULD MOST HAVE LIKED TO SEE CRASH INTO THE WTC ON ONE OF THE
TWO PLANES ON 9-11 AWARD.

Congratulations Miguel for winning two awards.

And continuing with posters who drive people to commit homicide, this next
poster has driven almost as many people crazy as mutt Miguel. With his
clueless retorts and his obsessive need to follow up to every single
message posted on RTA, even if he has no clue what it is about, as is
usually the case, he is the winner of our CLUELESS ******* AWARD:

Michael Voight

Congratulations Michael. Michael is usually busy marrying his sleazy
Russian mail order brides in exchange for green cards. We hope he's here
tonight to accept his award.

Continuing with the clueless posters, the I'M A CLUELESS ****WIT WITH
NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN TO CONTRADICT EVERYTHING THAT'S POSTED ON RTA
AWARD goes to:

devil

Obviously he fancies himself the great devil's advocate. Well, go to hell
is all we can say.

And since we're up in Canada let's stay there for a few more moments to
hand out our next two awards. The first one is a two-in-one award. The
MOST POLITICALLY CORRECT/AIRLINE APOLOGIST ******* Award goes to:

Steve "Scotty if it's not Scottish it's CRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPP!" Howie

Guess what, "Scotty", *you* are CRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPP!

And the next Canadian award, a *triple* whammy, goes to the CYNICAL
ASSHOLE/POLITICALLY CORRECT/MOST FEMINIZED MALE OF THE YEAR:

Brian Maddison

Sheesh, what is it with these Canadians and their politically correct
feminization. Must be the arctic cold that shrinks their wee-wees.

Well, we're done with Canada, thank goodness. From there we pass on to
that other land of extreme political correctness and high percentage of
male gays, Australia. Strangely enough, the three most frequent Aussie
posters were no-show, little show, and less show this year. The first one
of course is Richard Muirden, the pathetic drooling geek who likes to throw
himself at any pair of legs with breasts, the little show is Craig Welch,
another highly feminized PC queen, and the less show is Ash Nallawallah,
another cynical asshole we have no need for. Hopefully they'll do
something useful with their time and go fight the fires in NSW. With any
luck they'll fall into the fire and perish.

Well, rounding out our world tour of countries with high proportions of
feminized men let's drop by the Netherlands and deposit our next award, the
LAME GAY DICK AMERICA HATER AWARD which goes to:

sjoerd

Hey sjoerd, too bad the name Limp Bizkit is taken, it suits you just fine.

And on to a land which used to be full of tough brave males who could take
it, stoic men who toiled all their lives in mines only to die of Black Lung
Disease. The UK has now become incorrigibly PC and it's men, at least the
ones who post on RTA, are the most pathetically feminized men we've seen
since the Phil Donovan show went off the air. They're too many to mention,
so we won't single anyone out for preferential treatment, we'll just give
all of them a single award, the ALL BRITISH MEN ARE ANAL QUEENS Award.
Enjoy!

And speaking of gay men, not all of them are frail petunias. At least one
here has proven his worth, showing that he's good for more than just
bitching about political incorrectness and bad hair days. He hails from
the wrong side of the tracks in Chicagoland, and although a Midwesterner
born and bred, writes with British style and affectations, though we'll
overlook that in appreciation for his hard work fighting some of the many
bitches that plague our newsgroups. True, he was an Ellen Prince groupie,
but everyone has his faults and shortcomings, and we'll overlook it in
honor of his valiant work fighting evil, first with Sheryl Mexic, and now
with Maryanne Kehoe. While his racist remarks against Hispanics/Caribbean
people and Miami make one wonder if he isn't a closet Cuban, his noble
crusade against WebTV is worthy of praise, and we'll again overlook the
fact that he himself started off on that venerable apparatus. Quirky and
brooding, tenacious and castigating, when he latches on to someone, he
never lets go. A connoisseur of fine sushi, Miss Connie Wong's protege,
and secret admirer of Dr. Laura, the RTA GAY SPARTACUS AWARD goes to:

Gregory "mr_potter" Morrow

Go slay the enemy, mr_potter!

And speaking of bitches, our next award is THE BITCH WHO MOST DESERVES A
GOOD SLAP AWARD:

hamilton/louisa

Honey, you suck the big one! Get off usenet and go find yourself a man or
something to keep you busy. You belong in the kitchen, not on RTA.

And speaking of even more bitches, this next one is a newcomer, but a real
firecracker. She earns the FOULEST MOUTHED BITCH AWARD:

Karen Horn

And from foul-mouthed bitch to angry bitch, our ANGRY INSANE OLD JEWISH
BITCH HAG AWARD goes to:

Polar

Honey, you better get back to the mental hospital you escaped from.
They're worried about you.

And our preponderance of bitches continues. The next bitch receives the
BITCH FA GIVES BLOWJOBS ON DELTA AWARD:

Jaycey "stella_artois"

How'd you manage to keep your real vocation a secret for so long, toots?

And for the biggest bitch of them all, it's now time to hand out this
year's RTA LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. This year, the award goes to a
bitch who's been around forever. Horses that is. She's been around horses
so long, given so many of them blowjobs, been screwed by them so much, she
looks and smells like a horse. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, please welcome
this year's winner of the RTA LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD, horse-faced,
horse-breath Deborah Stevenson! Poor manless Deborah. Poor no-life
Deborah. Stuck in that corn patch in the middle of Illinois, sucking off
horses at the Champaign-Urbana stables, Deborah spends what little free
time she has after taking care of the horses debunking urban myths on
Usenet, nursing her long-standing Altopia grudge, and obsessing about
airplane crashes and her fear of flying. Often following-up to messages in
as little as three minutes after they appear, poor Deborah has no life.
Some people are too pathetic to live.

And speaking of pathetic, our next award is to THE BIGGEST RTA CRYBABY:

Paul Tauger

One has to wonder how this big baby ever became a lawyer. They must have
lowered the standards for passing the bar exam. What does Paul do when
things don't go his way in the courtroom, cry in front of the judge?

Now it's time to hand out the GOOD RIDDANCE awards to those posters who
drove us crazy in the past and who are now thankfully out of our lives.
GOOD RIDDANCE awards this year go out to:

Sheryl Mexic
Ellen Prince
Richard Muirden
Steve Kropla
W Yu

May they Shag Off And Die never to be heard from again. And special thanks
to our undercover reporter at Penn who discovered that jewish Brooklyn
chain-smoking bint Ellen Prince was no professor at all but just a
big-mouthed janitor who cleans toilets on campus. She was breaking into
the offices in the administration building to use the Internet. Thanks
also go to the Heir to Houston Sushi Fortune, Miss Connie Wong, for her
great catering at Sheryl's funeral party at Houston's Buffalo Bayou.

And just as we have Good Riddance awards, we also have Irrelevant Posters
awards to honor those posters who have now become RTA Have Beens, mere
shadows of what they once were. IRRELEVANT POSTER AWARDS this year go to:

ERIKG3
Mark Rogers
Helen Rose
DALing
Tom Russell
Thom Wilkerson
Vitaly Shmatikov
Ken Ishiguro
Matthew Sheren
Caila
and the rest of the too-easily forgotten people

Congratulations, may you enjoy each other's company out there in oblivion.

And speaking of oblivion, there's one poster who's so far out there he
deserves the I'M DRUNK WITH MY AMERICAN AIRLINES DADDY'S CUM AWARD:

Mike "mga707"

Dear old Mikey sucked his airline father's dick so much all that jism went
to his head. Like, far out, dude. Mikey collects airline memorabilia and
is RTA's biggest all-round airline apologist. Mikey's neighbors tell us at
night he screws himself with a plastic model of a 747 and lets out groans
and moans of pleasure that can be heard all the way to AA headquarters in
DFW.

And speaking of AA, on the other side of the spectrum from apologist Mike
is the POSTER WITH THE BIGGEST GRUDGE AGAINST AA AND ALL THE AIRLINES:

Chas

Give 'em hell, Chas. In a newsgroup full of airline apologists, you must
fulfill your duty with pride.

Let us now award THE THREAD OF THE YEAR:

"Maryanne Kehoe ate my baby!"

Hmm, somehow we just knew that the combination of airlines cutting out meal
service and Maryanne traveling back and forth to check on her shanty town
properties in Michigan was going to be fatal one day. Not to mention that
we also found out Maryanne is a hermaphrodite. Will wonders never cease?

The next award, THE MOST SHOCKING THREAD OF THE YEAR goes to:

"Pubic hair found in airline meal"

We were just shocked, appalled, and disgusted to hear of that flight
attendant who took revenge on a passenger by yanking out her own pubic hair
and garnishing his meal with it.

And from the most shocking thread of the year we go to THE LEAST SHOCKING
THREAD OF THE YEAR:

Bertie the Bunyip = John Mazor

Somehow we were not surprised that the ALPA Spokesperson clown also turned
out to be a bunyip.

And finally, we come to the most important award of the year. It is now
time to honor THE RTA PERSON OF THE YEAR:

Osama Bin Laden

A million thanks to our dear cave-dwelling friend for rescuing what was to
be RTA's dullest year ever, and for making air travel interesting once
again. Flying just won't ever be the same.

We'd also like to honor THE RTA AIRLINE OF THE YEAR:

Ariana Afghan Airlines

Allah be praised, with only one 19-year-old 727 and one Antonov-24 which
flies between Kabul and Herat when the weather is good only, Ariana is "The
Little Airline that Could". Allah Akbar!

Congratulations to all the winners!"

/

Old June 21st, 2005, 11:03 AM
Alan S

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 19:52:41 +1000, Craig Welch
wrote:

On 20 Jun 2005 13:13:48 -0700, "Postman's Holiday"
wrote:

On the message which you find offensive or abusive, click on the [Show
Options] lable located to the right of the author's name.

I don't see any 'show options' lable [sic.] next to the author's
name. What am I doing wrong?

On this options menu select [Report Abuse]
Login in to google groups if you don not see this option.

The new web page will have the thread and post information filled in.

Web page? This is Usenet. This is not the web.

Some people read through web-sites such as google groups -
or the multitude of other sites now feeding off usenet.

For those using Agent, like yourself, just right click on
the text, click on "Filters" and follow instructions to
ignore or delete as you wish.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
Old June 21st, 2005, 01:21 PM
Han

I did it just now. All I want is that I don't see the trash. Of course,
ideally, there should be no such moron in the world. Here are some
cases of replies to the poster, named stinky bottom, from darkness.
Fun. I think the remailer has its own weakness.

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups...05&safe=images

Old June 21st, 2005, 02:31 PM
Han

I can't understand all that Gregory say. I am not quite fluent in
English. Anyway this seems to be an history old group. I have been here
for my project. Constructing database of airline fares. I was even once
helped for my question here. Vocabularies, concepts, and atmosphere
here are helpful for me. Just one problem is that the strange guy is
impacting my productivity.