TA Sues CCL Over Faxes!

Old February 8th, 2006, 02:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default TA Sues CCL Over Faxes!

Hi Everyone,

I saw this article on the Law.com web site and thought it would be of
interest.
http://tinyurl.com/bjevs
It is about a travel agent alleging that he received more than 1,000
unsolicited fax advertisements from Carnival Corporation. If you have
missed any of my news' postings, they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old February 8th, 2006, 06:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

The curious thing about this is that a TA is rejecting Carnival faxes...you
have to assume this TA doesn't handle cruise biz OR unsuccessfully asked
Carnival to email all communications.

Isn't it funny how fax machines are almost a thing of the past? That fact
makes me feel very old. I remember when the arrival of a fax caused a great
stir--you dropped everything to respond!

Diana Ball
near Houston, TX

Old February 8th, 2006, 06:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 12:04:52 -0600, "D Ball"
wrote:

The curious thing about this is that a TA is rejecting Carnival faxes...you
have to assume this TA doesn't handle cruise biz OR unsuccessfully asked
Carnival to email all communications.

Hi Diana,

There could be several reasons the TA did not want the faxes.
Carnival has a system in place where they have replaced faxes with
e-mails of the same information. The system is designed where you get
e-mails INSTEAD of faxes. As an example, Lighthouse Travel opted into
the e-mails instead of the faxes long ago. We now get the faxes AND
the e-mails. g It is not a big deal as we have all faxes come into
the computer and then can delete without printing.
Another reason is that the TA may not want to sell a particular cruise
line so would have no need for faxes from that cruise line. Just as
cruise lines can stop selling through a particular agency, an agency
can stop selling a particular cruise line.

Old February 8th, 2006, 10:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Ray Goldenberg :

There could be several reasons the TA did not want the faxes.
Carnival has a system in place where they have replaced faxes with
e-mails of the same information. The system is designed where you get
e-mails INSTEAD of faxes. As an example, Lighthouse Travel opted into
the e-mails instead of the faxes long ago. We now get the faxes AND
the e-mails. g It is not a big deal as we have all faxes come into
the computer and then can delete without printing.
Another reason is that the TA may not want to sell a particular cruise
line so would have no need for faxes from that cruise line. Just as
cruise lines can stop selling through a particular agency, an agency
can stop selling a particular cruise line.

Not knowing the details there can also be a software error at Carnival and
the TA is recieving the same fax over and over. That happened to the company
I worked at once, used up all the paper overnight (expensive thermal paper
due to never replacing the old fax machine), within a month we had
fax-to-computer where each fax could be examined before printing. Best
result, no more junk faxes printed.

--
Cruising, building a Catamaran, Rebuilding Cabin, New Peroxide Still Design,
Writting SF, Programming FOSS - What happened to the time?
Old February 9th, 2006, 07:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 06:47:15 -0800 in rec.travel.cruises, Ray
Goldenberg wrote:

It is about a travel agent alleging that he received more than 1,000
unsolicited fax advertisements from Carnival Corporation.

too bad we can't sue you for wasting bandwidth repeating
corporate PR crap as "news", which is a blatant lie.

Old February 9th, 2006, 03:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Goldenberg wrote:

It is about a travel agent alleging that he received more than 1,000
unsolicited fax advertisements from Carnival Corporation.

too bad we can't sue you for wasting bandwidth repeating
corporate PR crap as "news", which is a blatant lie.

If he doesn't post PRs, how is he going to get his clients?