Need the route and the thr cheapest fare

Old February 4th, 2006, 11:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Need the route and the thr cheapest fare

Hi all,

New to this group ..So pardon me if this question cannot be asked here

What is the cheapest route from Anchorage(Alaska) to Texas(not thru
Canada preferably) through road.I have a car in Anchorage and want to
get that to Arlington(Texas).

Where do I find the directions for that and the cost of it?

Thank you,
Deepti

Old February 5th, 2006, 02:08 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Hi

"deeps" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

New to this group ..So pardon me if this question cannot be asked here

What is the cheapest route from Anchorage(Alaska) to Texas(not thru
Canada preferably) through road.I have a car in Anchorage and want to
get that to Arlington(Texas).

Where do I find the directions for that and the cost of it?

Thank you,
Deepti

There is only one way, if it is not through Canada and that is the Alaska
state ferry to Bellingham.

PMM

Old February 5th, 2006, 02:29 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

deeps wrote:
Hi all,

New to this group ..So pardon me if this question cannot be asked here

What is the cheapest route from Anchorage(Alaska) to Texas(not thru
Canada preferably) through road.I have a car in Anchorage and want to
get that to Arlington(Texas).

Where do I find the directions for that and the cost of it?

Thank you,
Deepti

May I suggest you look at a map, you may notice that if you wish to
travel via road you have to travel through Canada.

Having said that you can travel via Alaska Marine Highway Ferry from
Skagway Alaska to Bellingham, Washington. You would have to drive from
Anchorage to Skagway through Canada.

Visit http://www.akferry.org/ for information on the Ferry

Phil

--
Seacruise http://www.seacruisechat.com
Canal Cam and Schedule http://www.seacruisechat.com/panamacanal/

Humour for the thinking person:
1) Why is it, when a door is open it's ajar, but when a jar is open,
it's not a door?
2) Why do we put suits in a garment bag and put garments in a suitcase?
Old February 5th, 2006, 04:15 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thus spake "deeps" :

Hi all,

New to this group ..So pardon me if this question cannot be asked here

What is the cheapest route from Anchorage(Alaska) to Texas(not thru
Canada preferably) through road.I have a car in Anchorage and want to
get that to Arlington(Texas).

Just pick up a US/Canada road atlas. Note that most of the roads in
Alaska are not really suitable for "cars" (as opposed to trucks).

Where do I find the directions for that and the cost of it?

Cost depends on the price of gas. It's not a short haul. I think my
b-i-l did the trip in four days, with two drivers. That was
Bellingham to Austin. I think the ferry is three nights, although I
may be mistaken.

Depending on how much the car is worth, it might be cheaper to sell
the sucker long distance and buy one in Arlington.

Thank you,
Deepti

--
dillon

Could have been is in the past
Could be is in the future
There is only the now
Old February 9th, 2006, 05:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

deeps wrote:
What is the cheapest route from Anchorage(Alaska) to Texas(not thru
Canada preferably) through road.I have a car in Anchorage and want to
get that to Arlington(Texas).
Where do I find the directions for that and the cost of it?

Kind of hard to avoid Canada unless you use a ferry too, which will add
to the length of your journer. Mapquest shows that the shortest route
is through Edmonton, Canada, 4200 miles and 68 hours driving time. Yuck.

You could join the local AAA auto club, who could plan the whole trip
for you including ferries, and the trip maps from Bellingham to TX.

Me, I hate to drive, so I'd have my car shipped instead. Here's a
couple of car shipping companies if that's the way you want to go:

http://www.shipmyvehicle.com
http://www.autorail.com

Both companies offer international shipping.

I know your post said "cheapest route," but considering the gas and
hotel bills on a 5 day drive, shipping may be very close cost-wise.

How B