Looking for super-recent Cozumel visitors

Old February 8th, 2006, 09:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Looking for super-recent Cozumel visitors

My wife and I are scheduled to be in Cozumel the last week of March for
one day (Cruise line thing). I wanted to spend it at Chankanaab and
even read that the park was expected to open in February so am still
hopeful.

Question 1) I wanted to find out if they are still on schedule to
re-open the park and if anyone has actually been to it since the
reconstruction. Any predictions on what to expect?

Question 2) How about recent visits to the plaza and that surrounding
area? Is reconstruction completed there as well?

Thanks.
Anthony

Old February 9th, 2006, 01:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Was there last week.
Senor Frogs at the Pier is still under reconstruction, I don't know
about the one in Downtown San Miguel as we did not go there this trip.
The Plaza at the Pier though (except for Frogs) is pretty much open, the
hawkers were out in force.
CPark is still down.
We went to Playa Mia for the day and it was GREAT! Fully operational.

Old February 9th, 2006, 02:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"DaFlaBear" wrote in message
Was there last week.

We went to Playa Mia for the day and it was GREAT! Fully operational.

We also choose the Playa Mia tour in about two weeks. Was everything
operational? What about food? Was all the equipment functional? (Hobie cats,
pedal boats, etc).
Thanks

Old February 9th, 2006, 02:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Playa Mia was as good as new.
Everything up and running.
Open bar(s), nice buffet plus burgers, dogs, beach massage, pool, monkey
zoo.
A great way to spend an afternoon.
We were on a Private Diamond Crown and Anchor excursion where we had a
reserved area for both food and beach.
It was basically the"Beach Break" excursion.

Old February 9th, 2006, 06:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"DaFlaBear" wrote in message
Playa Mia was as good as new.
Everything up and running.
Open bar(s), nice buffet plus burgers, dogs, beach massage, pool, monkey
zoo.
A great way to spend an afternoon.
We were on a Private Diamond Crown and Anchor excursion where we had a
reserved area for both food and beach.
It was basically the"Beach Break" excursion.

We're doing a Princess tour so I suppose it should be similar. We have extra
cabin credit to burn so we choose the Playa Mia beach tour since we've done
most of the other things on the Island at one time or another.

Old February 9th, 2006, 07:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

We've been in Coz a bunch of times and this was the first time we went
to Playa Mia and were very pleased we went.
But we'll be back in March and hire a taxi for four or five hours and go
over to Coconut's and Mescalito's as we usually do. The wild side is
much more beautiful in this traveler's opinon.