Information on Staying and getting around in SalzBurg (AT)

Old April 28th, 2007, 06:27 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Amit

Default Information on Staying and getting around in SalzBurg (AT)

Hey,

I am planning to spend three nights in Salzburg (AT), I need some
recommedations on cheap salzburg hotel's

I believe location of the hotel is more important than the facilities,
as I generally use hotel to only spend my night.

Any other additional information on going around in Salzburg would be
highly appreciated, Is it worthwhile to take a salzburg pass, if we
want to visit the Alps and Salt mine ?
Should we go for package tours or manage our tours on our own ?

Regards
- Amit Gupta

Old April 29th, 2007, 09:05 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
mini Mini[_2_]

Amit wrote:
Hey,

I am planning to spend three nights in Salzburg (AT), I need some
recommedations on cheap salzburg hotel's

I believe location of the hotel is more important than the facilities,
as I generally use hotel to only spend my night.

Any other additional information on going around in Salzburg would be
highly appreciated, Is it worthwhile to take a salzburg pass, if we
want to visit the Alps and Salt mine ?
Should we go for package tours or manage our tours on our own ?

Regards
- Amit Gupta

I've only been to Salzburg once, but I found the choice was either
between price or location. Since we had a car, we choose price over
location. The cheaper hotels are outside the center but close enough to
go in town for an evening meal with out too much trouble. We stayed a
guest house that I remember being really very inexpensive.
What kind of rates were you thinking to be reasonable?

Can't advise about the pass as we didn't use one.

Old April 29th, 2007, 11:06 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
mr lim

On 29 Apr, 09:05, mini Mini miniateasydotcom wrote:
Amit wrote:
Hey,

I am planning to spend three nights in Salzburg (AT), I need some
recommedations on cheap salzburg hotel's

I believe location of the hotel is more important than the facilities,
as I generally use hotel to only spend my night.

Any other additional information on going around in Salzburg would be
highly appreciated, Is it worthwhile to take a salzburg pass, if we
want to visit the Alps and Salt mine ?
Should we go for package tours or manage our tours on our own ?

No need to go for any package tours, rather depend on what you want to
do though the salzburg card is good for town attractions and town
transport , but I don't think it will get you to salt mines and the
mountains,

Old April 29th, 2007, 11:29 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Nemo

http://www.salzburg.info/

Old April 29th, 2007, 04:44 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Amit

Thanks Mini,

I am looking in a price range of around 50 Euro's a night, I would be
using public transport to go around.

Any Recommedation as to how many day's I should be spending in
Salzburg and some advice on the places that should be visited

Thanks
- Amit Gupta

Old April 29th, 2007, 04:49 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Amit

Thanks mr lim for ur valuable info, it is definetly going to save me
some cash..

Anyway, If I want to avail a package tour for the mountains, is it
neccesary to book it in advance ? I would be in Salzburg bettwen 2nd
June to 5th June.

Best Regards,
- Amit Gupta

Old April 29th, 2007, 04:56 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Iceman

On Apr 29, 11:44 am, Amit wrote:
Thanks Mini,

I am looking in a price range of around 50 Euro's a night, I would be
using public transport to go around.

Any Recommedation as to how many day's I should be spending in
Salzburg and some advice on the places that should be visited

Everything of interest in Salzburg is located in the old town, which
is beautiful, but small. Two days are really all you would need to
see Salzburg itself. The main highlights are the fortress, palaces,
and some sights relating to Mozart. If you plan on day trips to the
Alps and the salt mine, then two more days. You might also want to
see the Eisriesenwelt Ice Caves: http://www.eisriesenwelt.at/eisr_6e.htm

Old April 29th, 2007, 08:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
mini Mini[_2_]

Amit wrote:
Thanks Mini,

I am looking in a price range of around 50 Euro's a night, I would be
using public transport to go around.

Any Recommedation as to how many day's I should be spending in
Salzburg and some advice on the places that should be visited

Thanks
- Amit Gupta

E50 per person? If so, you can probably get something simple in town. If
you want to spend only E50 per room, you will have to look out side the
city. I believe we paid about E60 for a double in a guest house. I will
have to some searching to find the name & address of the place.

Old April 29th, 2007, 08:56 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
mini Mini[_2_]

mini Mini wrote:
Amit wrote:
Thanks Mini,

I am looking in a price range of around 50 Euro's a night, I would be
using public transport to go around.

Any Recommedation as to how many day's I should be spending in
Salzburg and some advice on the places that should be visited

Thanks
- Amit Gupta

E50 per person? If so, you can probably get something simple in town. If
you want to spend only E50 per room, you will have to look out side the
city. I believe we paid about E60 for a double in a guest house. I will
have to some searching to find the name & address of the place.

We stayed at the Am Moos Guest House. I don't know how practical it is
to stay "out there" without a car. I would have probably stay in the old
town center if I hadn't had a car.

"Am Moos" Guest House
http://ammoos.at/

It was very nice, but a bit shabbier than in the pictures.
(Bring your own soap!)

Old April 30th, 2007, 01:26 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Calif Bill

"Amit" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks mr lim for ur valuable info, it is definetly going to save me
some cash..

Anyway, If I want to avail a package tour for the mountains, is it
neccesary to book it in advance ? I would be in Salzburg bettwen 2nd
June to 5th June.

Best Regards,
- Amit Gupta

Have not be to Saltzburg since 1985 and we stayed outside the main downtown
area, and was not a problem. The trolley ran by the hotel, and maybe 15
minutes we were downtown. We booked the saltmines tour the day ahead. And
was a beautiful day and the tour bus allowed us to get off at the water
fountains Bishops home and even told us which bus to catch to get back to
downtown. Did love the saltmine tour.