Petersburg hotel recommendation?

Old May 4th, 2007, 08:53 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
viktor weisshaeupl

Default Petersburg hotel recommendation?

I am looking for a middle class hotel in Petersburg, Russia, for a few days in
summer. Centrally located or near underground. If you have had a good
experience, please post. Thank You.
Regards,
Viktor
The e-mail in the header is never read
personal e-mail vikwei at gmx dot at

Old May 4th, 2007, 10:41 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Steve Cain

"I am looking for a middle class hotel in Petersburg, Russia, for a few
days in
summer. Centrally located or near underground. If you have had a good
experience, please post. Thank You.

We used the Marshal Hotel. Pretty good setup for internet access, breakfast
and accomodation. A 600M + walk to the underground. City center 2nd stop.
Very easy if you enjoy a walk getting started. Also, center accessible by
foot if you enjoy that sort of thing. s

Old May 5th, 2007, 04:53 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom Nelson

We're booked into the Austrian Yard in two weeks. No personal
experience with it (yet) but it sounds good.
http://www.hotelinspector.com/austrian_yard_hotel.htm
Tom Nelson
my ISP does not have an "x" in its name

Old May 5th, 2007, 06:40 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
viktor weisshaeupl

"Tom Nelson" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
m.invalid...

We're booked into the Austrian Yard in two weeks. No personal
experience with it (yet) but it sounds good.
http://www.hotelinspector.com/austrian_yard_hotel.htm
Tom Nelson

Sounds perfect for me as an Austrian ;-)

Viktor Weisshäupl

Old May 5th, 2007, 09:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
viktor roskakori

"Tom Nelson" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
m.invalid...
We're booked into the Austrian Yard in two weeks. No personal
experience with it (yet) but it sounds good.
http://www.hotelinspector.com/austrian_yard_hotel.htm
Tom Nelson

How did you handle prepayment? On their website they state
a.. All bookings must be secured by the proper payment: in cash, by clearing
settlement.
b.. Notice: mini-hotel does not work with credit cards
Regards
Viktor

Die e-mail im header wird nie gelesen
Private E-Mail bitte an vikwei klammeräffchen gmx pünktchen at

Old May 6th, 2007, 09:09 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom Nelson

Despite what the web site says they gave me the option of paying by
credit card:

The way of payment:
1. cash on the arrival date
2. credit card

1. In case of paying cash, please send us the confirmation letter,
in which you verify that you are going pay cash on the day of
arrival for your residence in our hotel, as well as for visa support
and transfer. There is a City Bank (24 hours) right close to our
hotel and to the underground station Chernyshevskaia. You can draw
out the money from your credit card in this bank.

2. In case you decide to pay with your credit card, please inform us
about your fax number. We accept : Visa, Maestro and MasterCard.
We'll send you a special notification concerning a reservation
through your account. You have to fill it in and to sign the form.

They charge 1500 ru for airport transfer and 750 ru for visa
application and registration, which I will pay in cash upon arrival (no
credit cards accepted).

Tom

Old May 6th, 2007, 09:12 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

wrote:
"Tom Nelson" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
om.invalid...
We're booked into the Austrian Yard in two weeks. No personal
experience with it (yet) but it sounds good.
http://www.hotelinspector.com/austrian_yard_hotel.htm
Tom Nelson

How did you handle prepayment? On their website they state
a.. All bookings must be secured by the proper payment: in cash, by
clearing
settlement.
b.. Notice: mini-hotel does not work with credit cards
Regards
Viktor

Die e-mail im header wird nie gelesen
Private E-Mail bitte an vikwei klammeräffchen gmx pünktchen at- Hide quoted text -

check this out www.CraigslistHostels.org