What if a TStorm happens

Old August 6th, 2008, 08:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
chatty cathy

Default What if a TStorm happens

just curious about what will happen if when i go on my cruise at the end
of august if there is a Tropical storm..
Do they cancel the cruise? if so what then?
been watching the weather alot and im worried..
leaving New Orleans aug.28th through sept.1st and i was curios.
chatty cathy

Old August 6th, 2008, 08:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
number6

On Aug 6, 3:28*pm, (chatty cathy) wrote:
just curious about what will happen if when i go on my cruise at the end
of august if there is a Tropical storm..
* *Do they cancel the cruise? if so what then?
* * * *been watching the weather alot and im worried..
* * * *leaving New Orleans aug.28th through sept.1st and i was curios.
* * * * * * *chatty cathy

They do their utmost to cruise as safe as possible ... Ports may
change or be eliminated as they'll sail to calmer waters ... but it
will take a lot to cancel the cruise outright ...
We've sailed twice along the Eastern Seaboard in Sept. when hurricanes
were a day or so ahead of us ...Moving across our bow so to speak ...
some rough but bearable waters ... and easily sailable ...
Old August 6th, 2008, 09:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

One important point. Ships can travel around 20 knots or more. Hurricanes
go slower. When they do get up to those kinds of speeds they burn
themselves out. So ships can avoid hurricanes... they go in a different
direction than the storm. If a storm is in the Western Caribbean... they
ships will just go Eastern... and vice versa. Places like Bermuda are a bit
more tricky... since there's no place else to go nearby, so ships go to
places like Halifax or the Bahamas if Bermuda is closed.

If on the other hand it's the embarkation port that's under attack by a
storm... that's a different matter. The ship will probably remain at sea or
relo to a different port. Then flights become the bigger issue.

--Tom

Old August 7th, 2008, 07:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Andy P. Jung[_2_]

"chatty cathy" wrote in message
just curious about what will happen if when i go on my cruise at the end
of august if there is a Tropical storm..
Do they cancel the cruise? if so what then?
been watching the weather alot and im worried..
leaving New Orleans aug.28th through sept.1st and i was curios.
chatty cathy

It's not just the storm but the oil spill cleanup in the Mississippi River
so your cruise on Carnival Fantasy is scheduled to be departing and
returning from Mobile, Alabama.
http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/crui...s_Update2.aspx

To me, it's just not the same as cruising down the Mississippi River from
New Orleans. If you had never cruised out of New Orleans before, here are
pictures of what you would have seen. It takes the ship about 7 hours to
reach the mouth of the Mississippi River at Southwest Pass.
http://public.fotki.com/apjung/vacat...val_fantasy/1/

http://public.fotki.com/apjung/vacat...l_sensation/1/

http://public.fotki.com/apjung/vacat.../ms_holiday/1/

--
Andy P. Jung
Metairie, Louisiana U.S.A.

To reply via e-mail, please visit my web site.

Old August 10th, 2008, 09:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
chatty cathy

Default What if a TStorm happens ANDY

thank you for the wonderful photos i enjoyed seeing them and im sad
that i wont see it first hand..
but at least i did with your prints..
thanks again..
chatty cathy

waiting on news from carnival to find out if they are going to
accomidate taking my scooter or if i will just drive myself..