Honour Killings in Europe?

Old February 21st, 2005, 02:50 AM
nomad

Default Honour Killings in Europe?

Honour killings are a tradition throughout France, Spain, Italy, Greece, and
the Balkans, where a family executes an unmarried daughter if she brings
dishonor upon the family, such as going out with someone from the wrong
class or race. Are there villages in Europe where such executions occur
regularly? Are the women hung from telephone poles?

Old February 21st, 2005, 03:06 AM
Marvin

nomad wrote:

Honour killings are a tradition throughout France, Spain, Italy, Greece,
and the Balkans, where a family executes an unmarried daughter if she
bringsdishonor upon the family, such as going out with someone from ?the

wrong class or race. Are there villages in Europe where such executions
occur regularly? Are the women hung from telephone poles?

nomad, nomad, nomad,
I thought you had the potential to be king of the trolls with your "is there
anything to see in Europe" thread; but this thread makes you nothing but a
garden variety troll. You had several people fooled in the other thread, but
you won't fool anyone with this obvious troll bait!!

--
Marvin & Sue

Old February 21st, 2005, 03:16 AM
nomad

"Marvin" wrote in message
news
nomad, nomad, nomad,
I thought you had the potential to be king of the trolls with your "is
there anything to see in Europe" thread; but this thread makes you nothing
but a garden variety troll. You had several people fooled in the other
thread, but you won't fool anyone with this obvious troll bait!!

There are parts of the world where these practices still occur, and
Europeans pride themselves on being "different" from the Americans, so I was
just wondering. Has the vast scale of Muslim migration to Europe changed
cultural practices there yet? Or is it more like Serbia, where Muslims are
put in concentration camps, and the mainstream resists assimilation to
Muslims?

Old February 21st, 2005, 08:43 AM
Dahnoer

"nomad" wrote in message
om...
Honour killings are a tradition throughout France, Spain, Italy, Greece,
and the Balkans, where a family executes an unmarried daughter if she
brings dishonor upon the family, such as going out with someone from the
wrong class or race. Are there villages in Europe where such executions
occur regularly? Are the women hung from telephone poles?

Yes. Of course they are. But nowadays it's just a tourist attraction.
Whenever a group of tourists comes to my hometown in Croatia, we find few
girls and stone them. After that, they're hanged. I think that's the right
way to treat women. I'm European, I care about tradition after all. You are
invited to come and see that. But if you just look at my 11yr old wife, I'll
cut your throat.

Old February 21st, 2005, 08:59 AM
nomad

Cool. So do Croatians let crows eat dead bodies, like the Tibetans? The
Romanians impaled ten thousand Turkish soldiers on stakes throughout
Romania, to discourage Turkish invaders. The tactic worked.

Old February 21st, 2005, 09:04 AM
Vicky

In article , nomad
wrote:

Cool. So do Croatians let crows eat dead bodies, like the Tibetans? The
Romanians impaled ten thousand Turkish soldiers on stakes throughout
Romania, to discourage Turkish invaders. The tactic worked.

See, something worthwhile for you to go see in Europe, after all. Go
for it, mate!
Old February 21st, 2005, 09:04 AM
a.spencer3

"nomad" wrote in message
om...
Honour killings are a tradition throughout France, Spain, Italy, Greece,

and
the Balkans, where a family executes an unmarried daughter if she brings
dishonor upon the family, such as going out with someone from the wrong
class or race. Are there villages in Europe where such executions occur
regularly? Are the women hung from telephone poles?

You're either pig ignorant or a troll, Why not nomad off somewhere else?

Surreyman

Old February 21st, 2005, 09:05 AM
Jim Ley

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 08:59:18 GMT, "nomad" wrote:

Cool.

So does that mean you've found something you want to see?

So do Croatians let crows eat dead bodies, like the Tibetans? The
Romanians impaled ten thousand Turkish soldiers on stakes throughout
Romania, to discourage Turkish invaders. The tactic worked.

Interesting random facts there...

Jim.
Old February 21st, 2005, 09:45 AM
Juan-Elorza

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 02:50:25 +0000, nomad wrote*:

Honour killings are a tradition throughout France, Spain, Italy, Greece, and
the Balkans, where a family executes an unmarried daughter if she brings
dishonor upon the family, such as going out with someone from the wrong
class or race. Are there villages in Europe where such executions occur
regularly? Are the women hung from telephone poles?

Isn't you name an understatement ?