info and a little brainstormin' needed

Old November 26th, 2003, 03:55 PM
Tashi

Default info and a little brainstormin' needed

Scenerio--Haiti(1week)DR(2weeks)and Turks and Caicos(1week) Or, DR(3weeks)
Turks(1week)-- from Jan.10 to Feb.7 2004.

Where can I go to find info on airlines flying out of either PAP or
DR(Puerto Plata prefered) to Turks? I'm trying to set up my itinery but am
having difficulty on where to fly to first. My return is from Edmonton, Ab.
Canada.

My plan is sorta like this. Fly to Puerta Plata, backpack around DR for
2weeks, go to PAP by local transport stay in Cap Haitian for 1week return to
Puerta Plata, fly to Turks for a week, back to Puerta Plata return to
Canada.
OR
fly direct to PAP then local flight to Cap Haitian spend a week then local
transport to DR for a couple weeks then back to PAP for the flight to Turks
then return to PAP for flight to Canada.

2 potential setbacks ...1. my husband-(lives in Cap-Haitien) will be
travelling with me in the DR but not Turks.
2. I have 2, 70lb suitcases to bring (may just take 1) --(these are filled
with gifts and necessities(medicine,books for family members in Haiti) I
can't get out of bringing these. If I get to the DR what would I do with
the suitcases since I'm backpacking?

ANY help would be appreciated time is running out.
thanx in advance
Tashi.

--
Internal burning......... wandering fever
LIfe is an Attitude!

Old November 27th, 2003, 01:30 AM
Jere Lull

Tashi wrote:

[...]

I can't help on the flights, but I suspect you can ship at least the
properly documented medicine and books duty-free to Haiti.

When we went to the DR last year, I didn't notice airport lockers, but
they may exist. The airport was pretty well equipped. It would probably
be best to hit Haiti first though.

And my condolences: Husband in Cap-Hatien and you in Edmonton.

--
Jere Lull