Couples Ocho Rios

Old September 10th, 2006, 05:25 PM posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive
Anonymoose

Default Couples Ocho Rios

Hi,

just came back from my 2nd Couples visit...

first trip was to Couples Negril and this one was Couples Ocho Rios.

we picked COR because it included horseback riding...1 more land
activity as my new GF doesn't swim.

and it wasn't a bad place really... but I'm moderately handicapped... or
rather mobility impaired... and while they say they've got elevators
they don't tell you they only go from the lobby UP -not- from the lobby
DOWN to the dining and beach levels (which is also where the spas,
library, bars, etc are)... so I had to lug my little folding bike down
sets of steps (which luckily I can do).

and they boast WiFi access...

great I thought, I'll bring my laptop and we can email the folks back
home instead of racking up massive phone bills (btw, cingular phones DO
work in Jamaica, but voice calls are 2.00$/minute back to the states,
txt msgs are only $0.50 to send and $0.10 to recieve so we sent txt's to
tell folks we were landed and at the resort safe and sound)...

but the WiFi only works -in- the lobby... I literally had the first room
off the lobby (handicapped accessible) and it got no signal at all.

not that you want to spend your trip tied to your laptop... but being
able to sit at a table in an airconditioned room would have been nice
rather than in your lap in the lobby and leaving it hooked up would have
made things like instant messaging workable.

all in all not a bad place... but next time I go to Couples it'll be Negril.