opinons

Old May 23rd, 2009, 12:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
ron felder

Default opinions

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message

"ron felder" wrote in message
what would you do?

take a Mexican Riviera cruise on board the Mariner of the Seas, A
Southern Caribbean cruise on the Adventure of the Seas or finally an
Eastern or Western Caribbean on board either the Freedom or Independence
of the Seas?

Just curious what the rest of the world would take and why. What do you
like about the ports and or ships? Been to most of the places they sail
to. Never been on the Mariner of the Seas, though I've been on a Voyager
class ship before. Also never been on a Freedom class ship.

Ron, if you have never been on a Freedom Class ship, that would be the one
I would recommend for you to try. Since you have indicated that you want
to cruise during winter, the most amazing time to cruise is the first or
second week of December...prices are lower at that time than during the
holidays themselves.
The Liberty of the Seas was all decorated splendidly for Christmas and
Hanukkah, adding to the spirit of the holidays and making the ship very
colorful and festive when we took it with the Viking's Group on December
8,2007. Choose a cabin midship near the elevators so you will be equal
distance from the dining and show areas. Having taken 45 cruises I have
taken both the eastern and western itineraries many times and of the two
prefer the eastern because of the ports....But both are fun!

Happy cruise hunting!

--Jean

Thanks. will definitely consider that and mention it to my girlfriend .

Ron

Old June 2nd, 2009, 12:16 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Default opinons

[Default] Thus spake "ron felder" :

what would you do?

take a Mexican Riviera cruise on board the Mariner of the Seas, A Southern
Caribbean cruise on the Adventure of the Seas or finally an Eastern or
Western Caribbean on board either the Freedom or Independence of the Seas?

Just curious what the rest of the world would take and why. What do you like
about the ports and or ships? Been to most of the places they sail to. Never
been on the Mariner of the Seas, though I've been on a Voyager class ship
before. Also never been on a Freedom class ship.

Thanks.

Ron

We are planning on an Eastern on the Freedom some time after Labor
Day. I graduate in early August and hope to take the registry before
then. With job prospects so grim, I don't expect to have anything by
then. Maybe PRN.

Wanna join us?
--

- dillon I am not invalid

Approximately 75,000 years ago, the supervolcano Toba
erupted, In 24 hours, it ejected enough material to fill
the area inside the DC Beltway over a kilometer deep.
Good idea, bad timing,
Old June 2nd, 2009, 12:22 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake "Tom K" :

"ron felder" wrote in message
what would you do?

take a Mexican Riviera cruise on board the Mariner of the Seas, A Southern
Caribbean cruise on the Adventure of the Seas or finally an Eastern or
Western Caribbean on board either the Freedom or Independence of the Seas?

Just curious what the rest of the world would take and why. What do you
like about the ports and or ships? Been to most of the places they sail
to. Never been on the Mariner of the Seas, though I've been on a Voyager
class ship before. Also never been on a Freedom class ship.

Thanks.

Ron

If you've been on Voyager class, Mariner offers nothing new at all. For
regular Voyager class, I'd make my decision on itinerary alone. And the
west coast Mexico sailings are not highly rated. Unless I lived there, that
would be my last choice.

I might consider one as a diversion. But just.

As to Freedom, she's a scale up from Voyager class, but not significantly
so, IMO. She has the flow rider which is fun to watch (though no way I'd
ever consider doing it) and the water park area. But that's about it for
major stuff.

I'd narrow my decision to either Freedom or the itinerary that you prefer.
Unless you can wait for Oasis... Oasis is unique enough that she's what I'd
do if I could.

I'd love to. This thing about being pretty much sold out for a while
put a damper on it, although every time I look, the availability
changes dramatically. Maybe people are saying "jeez honey, I'm not
sure we can afford this." Then a week later, someone else says
"sweety, we better do something before the ecomony totally tanks."
Then somebody says "darling, Chrylster just told us thanks and
goodbye." Then "things are looking better." And so on.

Other ships are also acting odd.

Given your choices, other than Oasis, I'd go for the Southern Caribbean (St.
Thomas, Barbados, Antigua, St. Maarten).... I like those islands the best.
But that's just me. And I've been on both Freedom and Liberty (twice) so
neither is something new for me.

I looked at a Southern, but air was obscenely expensive or painful. I
just have this problem with paying $800 a pop to leave at 6:45 am and
get to the destination airport at 9:45 pm, which means an extra day.
Which we don't mind, but man, I could do Hawai'i for those dollars and
time.

How about a 9 night sailing on Explorer from NYC? If you live near NYC that
would eliminate the need for air.

--Tom

Old June 2nd, 2009, 12:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 5/15/2009 4:41 PM ron felder conferred with the ghost of Faye Wray
and said:
what would you do?

take a Mexican Riviera cruise on board the Mariner of the Seas, A
Southern Caribbean cruise on the Adventure of the Seas or finally an
Eastern or Western Caribbean on board either the Freedom or
Independence of the Seas?

Just curious what the rest of the world would take and why. What do
you like about the ports and or ships? Been to most of the places they
sail to. Never been on the Mariner of the Seas, though I've been on a
Voyager class ship before. Also never been on a Freedom class ship.

Thanks.

Ron

I'm not fussy if it's free. Although there's nothing like an old WW II
sea plane to make things really interesting! What I wouldn't give to be
a guest on Jimmy Buffett's Hemisphere Dancer!

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old June 3rd, 2009, 02:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On May 15, 4:41�pm, "ron felder" wrote:
what would you do?

take a Mexican Riviera cruise on board the Mariner of the Seas, A Southern
Caribbean cruise on the Adventure of the Seas or finally an Eastern or
Western Caribbean on board either the Freedom or Independence of the Seas?

Just curious what the rest of the world would take and why. What do you like
about the ports and or ships? Been to most of the places they sail to. Never
been on the Mariner of the Seas, though I've been on a Voyager class ship
before. Also never been on a Freedom class ship.

Thanks.

Ron

my choices
For itinerary NO DOUBT Adventure of the Seas
for the ship
Freedom/INdependance
I ahve no desire for the Mariner been there done that and that Itin
dont call me