HAL online registration question

Old May 30th, 2009, 06:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff Gersten

Default HAL online registration question

I had read that you could not do the registration until after you made
final payment. We made our final payment for our August Eastern
Mediterranean cruise earlier this week. I was able to fill in all the
required information, and it was accepted. But then it said it would not
be available to be printed until June 30th (one month from now) as long
as final payment has been received. Is this normal? My recollection from
all the other cruise lines we have sailed on is that once filled out,
the documents are available to print.

Old May 31st, 2009, 11:37 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff Gersten

(peter) wrote:

On 5/30/09 7:53 PM, in article
, "Jeff Gersten"
wrote:

I had read that you could not do the
registration until after you made final
payment. We made our final payment for our
August Eastern Mediterranean cruise earlier
this week. I was able to fill in all the required
information, and it was accepted. But then it
said it would not be available to be printed
until June 30th (one month from now) as long
as final payment has been received. Is this
normal? My recollection from all the other
cruise lines we have sailed on is that once
filled out, the documents are available to
print.

I assume you want to print the seapass (or
whatever HAL calls it), the document that is
being scanned when you board the ship. I
know with RCI, Celebrity and Azamara you
can print it once you have completed the
online check-in procedure, even if the ship
doesn't sail for two months. HAL suggests you
start doing that about a month before
departure.

After e-mailing my TA who said she had never heard of this, it must be
new, I called HAl.

They said my information was in, but could not be printed until 40 days
before sailing (though the date I was given was about a week longer than
that.) When pressed further, she did say this was a new policy.

I also started a thread asking about this on cruisecritic. It turns out
in the last few months others have had to wait until about 48 days
before embarkation to print their documents. They all said HAL sent them
an e-mail letting them know the documents were now ready to be printed.

So, the bottom line is for HAL, you can fill out the on line documents
after making final payment (due 70+ days before sailing), but they are
not available to print until 40+ days before sailing.

Old June 2nd, 2009, 12:02 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 5/31/2009 6:37 AM Jeff Gersten conferred with the ghost of Faye Wray
and said:
(peter) wrote:

On 5/30/09 7:53 PM, in article
, "Jeff Gersten"
wrote:

[...]

It kind of makes sense in a way. Honestly, while my desk is fairly
organized, when I am upgrading it my system things get messy.(I build my
own computers and tweak them now and then to keep them current.) I
wouldn't care to have those docs laying about. They might get buried
under an old hard drive and a stack of old software cd/dvds. I lost a
set of keys for a month. They got buried under a pile of old IBM 386
Assembly Language manuals.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera