Hurt by overweight passenger

Old January 15th, 2007, 12:23 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mike Hunt

Default Hurt by overweight passenger

DevilsPGD wrote:
In message Mxsmanic
wrote:

writes:

I agree with you. I do understand that some people are overweight due
to medical conditions, but many are just down right fat, as they eat too much.

Virtually no one is overweight due to any medical condition.
Overeating causes obesity.

How wrong you are -- I have an aunt who basically can't keep anything
down, yet she still puts on weight due to her medication.

It is interesting that the medication has so many calories.

Weight gain is caused by taking in more calories than you use.
Old January 15th, 2007, 12:24 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Tracey

"Mike Hunt" postmaster@localhost wrote in message
. ..
How wrong you are -- I have an aunt who basically can't keep anything
down, yet she still puts on weight due to her medication.

It is interesting that the medication has so many calories.

Weight gain is caused by taking in more calories than you use.

Steroids can cause HUGE weight gain in very short amounts of time. I
believe it is an issue of water retention.

Old January 15th, 2007, 01:33 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

Tracey writes:

Steroids can cause HUGE weight gain in very short amounts of time. I
believe it is an issue of water retention.

Water isn't fat.

Old January 15th, 2007, 05:25 AM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD

In message Mxsmanic
wrote:

Tracey writes:

Steroids can cause HUGE weight gain in very short amounts of time. I
believe it is an issue of water retention.

Water isn't fat.

True -- But she got wider, and heavier. That meets the definition of
"overweight" even if the level of fat in her body isn't especially high.

--
If crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight
fire, what do freedom fighters fight?
Old January 15th, 2007, 05:25 AM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD

In message Mike Hunt
postmaster@localhost wrote:

DevilsPGD wrote:
In message Mxsmanic
wrote:

writes:

I agree with you. I do understand that some people are overweight due
to medical conditions, but many are just down right fat, as they eat too much.

Virtually no one is overweight due to any medical condition.
Overeating causes obesity.

How wrong you are -- I have an aunt who basically can't keep anything
down, yet she still puts on weight due to her medication.

It is interesting that the medication has so many calories.

Weight gain is caused by taking in more calories than you use.

Medications that screw with your metabolism can do very interesting
things to you.

She's on a huge number of medications (most of which only treat
symptoms, but do make life livable for her), including those that toy
with her metabolism, and steroids (which causes water retention -- It
may not be fat, but it has definitely caused her to be overweight)

Old January 15th, 2007, 05:25 AM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD

In message Mxsmanic
wrote:

"Casual Observer" writes:

... which can't be lifted in an exit row on this plane (MD-80), such
that he intruded into that part of my seating area, too.

Why was such a lardball in the exit row to begin with?

I'm 6'4 and 350lbs myself, and I not only don't have mobility problems,
I could not only lift the door, I could probably life and maneuver two
of them at once without any difficulty should the need arise.

One thing you may be forgetting, until a lard ball hits the point where
his body can't handle it, unless you work out a ton, he's probably a lot
stronger then you.

Old January 15th, 2007, 07:19 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mike Hunt

DevilsPGD wrote:

In message Mike Hunt
postmaster@localhost wrote:

DevilsPGD wrote:

In message Mxsmanic
wrote:

writes:

I agree with you. I do understand that some people are overweight due
to medical conditions, but many are just down right fat, as they eat too much.

Virtually no one is overweight due to any medical condition.
Overeating causes obesity.

How wrong you are -- I have an aunt who basically can't keep anything
down, yet she still puts on weight due to her medication.

It is interesting that the medication has so many calories.

Weight gain is caused by taking in more calories than you use.

Medications that screw with your metabolism can do very interesting
things to you.

Great, but this doesn't entitle a person to more room than paid for.
If more room is needed, forever the reason, be prepared to pay for it.
Old January 15th, 2007, 08:44 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

DevilsPGD writes:

Medications that screw with your metabolism can do very interesting
things to you.

They can't make you fat, unless you also overeat.

She's on a huge number of medications (most of which only treat
symptoms, but do make life livable for her), including those that toy
with her metabolism, and steroids (which causes water retention -- It
may not be fat, but it has definitely caused her to be overweight)

Her excess weight may simply be water. Water is weight but it can be
gained and lost very quickly indeed, so it doesn't count for obesity.
And anyone carrying hundreds of pounds of excess weight entirely in
the form of water has a serious and acute health problem.